Position=28,232

[Hangup the Call 4]

Type=Hangup the Call

DispSize=69

Txt=Hangup the call.

Position=26,328

Hi,

I have a question regarding scripting.

How can the above script be altered so that the dtmf signal comes after 10 seconds after the call being answered?

Thanks,

Neil.

Would you like to not play anything after call answer and only play a DTMF 2 10 seconds after the script has started?

Please see attached script. It just plays a DTMF tone 10 seconds after the script is started.

This is done by specifying first module to play:

none

and then using a 'Timeout 10' path to move to the next module that plays a DTMF 2.

Also, does the called system play some message that will allow Dialogic to detect when call has been answered? When using analog systems you need some message playing to let system know call is answered. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/detectcallanswer.htm

10sec.vgs

Ok Thanks my script now works.

I have some further questions.

I am using a Y Splitter on the line with a simple phone, when the Dialogic D/4PCI card is on and IVR is not dialing but in the start state, their is no tone on my simple phone, is that normal and why don't I get a dial tone.

<OnAnswerMachine>DISABLE</OnAnswerMachine> Is this the correct line for the XML file to turn off calls to answer machines or should I just leave out?

Is it better to drop 1 Outdial xml file with 2 ports coded into it or 2 XMLs files with one file per port, I want to multi dial off 2 ports at the same time, is their a preferred method?

Is their a silence detection mode on outbound calls using the dialler? if so can I turn it off, I just want to hang up the call on timeout/timer, nothing else needed to complicate things.

For outbound calls is their a log file that you can see what terminated the call, for instance in the script I have a hangup module, can I tell from a log file if that triggered or was it something else, did the call make the duration I wanted it to run for, or did something else end the call.

Thanks

Neil.

Hi,

How can I increase the time between auto dialled calls so I can check the tone signal, can this be done inside the Outdial file?

Thanks

Neil

I am using a Y Splitter on the line with a simple phone, when the Dialogic D/4PCI card is on and IVR is not dialing but in the start state, their is no tone on my simple phone, is that normal and why don't I get a dial tone.

There should be a dial tone. Not sure why you would not be hearing it.

<OnAnswerMachine>DISABLE</OnAnswerMachine> Is this the correct line for the XML file to turn off calls to answer machines or should I just leave out?

<OnAnswerMachine>DISABLE</OnAnswerMachine> will stop VoiceGuide from trying to detect whether the answered call was answered by a live person or by answering machine. The 'Live Answer' script will be used in both cases.

Is it better to drop 1 Outdial xml file with 2 ports coded into it or 2 XMLs files with one file per port, I want to multi dial off 2 ports at the same time, is their a preferred method?

One outdial file with multiple dial entries in it. Can be more then 2. The calls will get queued and made as lines become available. If you only have 2 lines attached to a 4 port card then you can disable outbound dialing on the other 2 ports in the Config.xml

Is their a silence detection mode on outbound calls using the dialler? if so can I turn it off, I just want to hang up the call on timeout/timer, nothing else needed to complicate things.

Before call is connected there is no 'silence detection'.

For outbound calls is their a log file that you can see what terminated the call, for instance in the script I have a hangup module, can I tell from a log file if that triggered or was it something else, did the call make the duration I wanted it to run for, or did something else end the call.

There is a 'CallEvents' log that shows the path through the script that every call took. The CallEvents log is in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory. A new CallEvents log is created every day and holds all the calls made that day.

Each script also has log files - in 4 different formats: .XML, .JSON, .CSV and .VGL

Those log files will also show you what path each call took though the script.

The .VGL log can be opened using the vgLogViewer.exe application that comes with VoiceGuide. All calls handled by the script are stored in those log files. Each log file stores the same information, just in different format.

There are also CDR logs in VoiceGuide's \cdr\ subdirectory. The CDR logs will show overall call length.

Please see:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/log_scriptlogs.htm

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/log_cdrs.htm

How can I increase the time between auto dialled calls so I can check the tone signal, can this be done inside the Outdial file?

Do you mean the time between end of one call and start of next call on same line? or something else?

Could you please describe in more detail what you mean by "so I can check the tone signal," How would you check this?

Do you mean the time between end of one call and start of next call on same line?

Yes this is what I would like to do.

Do you mean the time between end of one call and start of next call on same line? or something else?

Could you please describe in more detail what you mean by "so I can check the tone signal," How would you check this?

Do you mean the time between end of one call and start of next call on same line?

Yes, If I increase the time between end of one call and start of next call on same line I can pick up the hand set and listen, if the call is actually hang up or not, I suspect tone is hanging up VG but not the call its self, I can then check that theory.

In the call log I can see this, but I want to know if the call is still open,

002843.939|event|DISCONNECT|DE_TONEON|DISCONNECT_USER_1|||1003|0|0|0
002843.940|event|DISCONNECT_USER_1|DE_TONEON|DISCONNECT_USER_1|||1003|0|0|0
002843.940|event|TDX_CST|DE_TONEON|DISCONNECT_USER_1|||1003|0|0|0
002843.940|callstate|LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED-DISCONNECT_USER_1|||||0|16384|64|0
002843.942|event|LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED-DISCONNECT_USER_1|||||16384|0|64|0
002843.961|event||LineEvCallState_DISCONNECTED||||0|0|0|0
002843.961|command|cmd_DropCall|||||0|0|0|0
002844.010|event|TDX_SETHOOK|DX_ONHOOK||||0|0|0|0
002844.010|callstate|TDX_SETHOOK_DX_ONHOOK|||||0|1|32|0
002844.038|event|TDX_SETHOOK_DX_ONHOOK|||||1|0|32|0
002844.038|callstate|GCEV_RELEASECALL|GCST_NULL||||2137|0|0|0

Also I am getting alot these signals

234954.018|event|FAX|DE_TONEON|FAX|||1005|0|0|0
234954.019|event|TDX_CST|DE_TONEON|FAX|||1005|0|0|0

Is there a help file so I can understand more when I am reading the call event log?

Next question is can I turn off 002843.939|event|DISCONNECT|DE_TONEON|DISCONNECT_USER_1|||1003|0|0|0 on a particular call on then on for others

Thanks,

Neil.

The guard time between calls can be set in VG.INI, section [VGDialer] entry: "AfterIdleWaitBeforeDial"

eg: to make time after end of last call and stat of new call 10 seconds set:

AfterIdleWaitBeforeDial=10

VoiceGuide service will need to be restarted to read in the new VG.INI settings.

The tone detection settings are set ConfigLine.xml file in VoiceGuide's \conf\ subdirectory. (file used can actually be set per lie by editing Config.xml)

VoiceGuide service will need to be restarted to read in the new tone settings.

it is not possible to turn off the tone detection on a per call basis, but if you rename the tone to say MYTONE_USER_1 then VoiceGuide will no longer regard it as a 'Disconnect' type tone and will not hang up the call automatically. You can have paths in script like this:

on {MYTONE_USER_1} goto [my hangup module]

to act on the tone being present.

and on calls on which you do not want to react to the MYTONE_USER_1 tone just use a script that does not have those paths.

Is it possible to use add Campain in the formula

on {MYTONE_USER_1} and Campaign=C1 goto [my hangup module]

The campaign name is accessible within the script using the $RV:

$RV[OutDial_CampaignName]

( other often used OutDial family $RVs are: $RV[OutDial_RetriesLeft] $RV[OutDial_ID] $RV[OutDial_GUID] )

The path statements do not allow for Boolean expressions with in them, but to switch based on Campaign you can use an Evaluate Expression module etc. to check value of $RV[OutDial_CampaignName] and switch accordingly.

Hi,

On this point on {MYTONE_USER_1} goto [my hangup module] you would have a path on every module, if you left one out and you had a disconnect tone it would not drop the line, because that path was not in that module, mine have timeouts in them so it would have to be in with a timeout path. I hope this makes sense. Just checking there is not global statement that I need to script in

Tinkerz

If you want to consider a certain tone to be a sign of a disconnect then it is best to define that tone as a 'DISCONNECT' type tone. Then the system will react to it and hangup automatically when that tone is heard.

Why do you need to turn off the DISCONNECT tone detection on a particular call?

Hi,

I am just analysing a number and want to keep others on the same disconnect code.

Below is my code as, on every module I need 2 paths, a time out at a disconnect? this script would work on calls I want the apply the disconnect code and on others I leave of the path to Hangup, until the last module of course.

This is how to do it? there is no global variable to apply to remove the paths to hangup?

Thanks,

Neil.

Version=5.0
DefaultModuleDisplayHeight=
StartModule=1. DTMF 1 and Wait 2
RunAtHangup=
StartWithoutAnswer=0
CtmAsiName=

[1. DTMF 1 and Wait 2]
Type=Play
DispSize=69
Txt=Play DTMF and wait
PlayFile1=1
Replay=0,0
strTtsText=
on {timeout 2} goto [2. DTMF 2 and Wait 2]
on {MYTONE_USER_1} goto [Hangup the Call 4]

Position=38,142

[2. DTMF 2 and Wait 2]
Type=Play
DispSize=69
Txt=Play DTMF and Wait
PlayFile1=2
Replay=0,0
strTtsText=
on {timeout 2} goto [3. DTMF 3 and Wait 2]

Position=34,256

[Hangup the Call 4]
Type=Hangup the Call
DispSize=69
Txt=Hangup the call.

Position=386,241

[Wait 10s to answer]
Type=Play
DispSize=69
Txt=Play a sound file, then await a response...
PlayFile1=none
Replay=0,0
strTtsText=
on {timeout 10} goto [1. DTMF 1 and Wait 2]

Position=224,11

[3. DTMF 3 and Wait 2]
Type=Play
DispSize=69
Txt=Play a sound file, then await a response...
PlayFile1=3
Replay=0,0
strTtsText=
on {timeout 3500} goto [Hangup the Call 4]

Position=36,374

If you do not want to set the tone as a global DISCONNECT type tone then you will need to check for presence of tone in each module individually.

There is no way to set a global 'on this tone goto this module regardless of where the callflow is up to currently'. Only 'DISCONNECT' type tones do that, and system will hangup when a DISCONNECT tone is heard.

You can have a "on {DISCONNECT_MyToneName} goto [MyModule]" type paths. If the DISCONNECT tone occurs in module that has that path specified then that path will be taken instead.