VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide As A Service

Following some of the past topics I have managed to get VGMulti working as a service on a windows 2000 server but it appears to hang when the user logs off. When the next user logs in the screen still shows the corrupted image of the VGMulti window.

Tried the other suggestion of running the service using an administration account but the VGMulti window will not display at all (it only seems to work if you use the interact with desktop option)

any thoughts please

What did you use to set up the service? There are a number of different tools & ways of doing it..

I used the srvany.exe from the MS Windows 2000 resource kit, and then added a parameters key in the registry to specify the application VGMulti.exe

When you first start the service do you find that the VoiceGuide window appears when the service is started?

Plz try restarting Windows with the VG service stopped and then when you are logged then start the service - does the VG window appear?

I have succesfully used XYNTService to setup VoiceGuide as a service without a glitch (search google for downloads or contact me). It even checks every xx minutes if it's still running and, if not, restarts the app.

Regards

Rijn Buve (info -a-t- buve.nl)

A thing to remember when you start VG as a service is that the international settings (read: date/time format) of the .DEFAULT Windows user will be used (at least in W2K). It took me some time to figure out why I sometimes had AM/PM format and sometimes 24-hour formats of time stamps.

You can copy the correct settings from a regular user to the .DEFAULT user in the registry:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International

(But don't edit the registry if you're not sure what you're doing!)

Regards,

-Rijn

I am trying to use XYNTService to start Voiceguide for dialogic automatically at reboot. I have added process0 with wait time to give the dialogic card time to restart and the service does start Voiceguide - but I get the following error when it tries to access a database -

ERROR 6.0.2201 Database file not found:\\skadb1apps\VoiceGuideTimeclock\

TimeClock_be.mdb

When I start voiceguide by double clicking on VgMulti.exe I do not get this error

The following is my code for XYNTService.ini

[settings]

ServiceName = XYNTService

ProcCount = 2

CheckProcess = 30

[Process0]

CommandLine = c:\xyntservice\wait.bat

WorkingDir = c:\xyntservice

PauseStart = 150000

PauseEnd = 100

UserInterface = Yes

Restart = Yes

[Process1]

CommandLine = c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\VgMulti.exe

WorkingDir = c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide

PauseStart = 15000

PauseEnd = 15000

UserInterface = Yes

Restart = Yes

Looks like the disk \\skadb1apps is not accessible.

You will need to ensure that VG can get access to remote drives if you want to run it as a service...

I'd try mapping drives to letters instead of using \\machinename notation.

Got VG as a service working this morning using srvany.exe. One comment worth noting is that I had to make my "VoiceGuide" service dependent on "Dialogic" service. If not, I would occasionally have a problem when Voiceguide started before the Dialogic card was initialised.

I can't get the service to work. Can you post your

XYNTService.ini?

Thank You!