VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New User Questions...

Hello

ok here it goes. i am looking for an application that can preform the the following functions, I would like to know if VoiceGuide will do what I am asking.

I need an application that will do the following. Please keep in mind I will need this function on a 30-50 line setup.

User dial 800 toll free number

call get routed into VoiceGuide system

VoiceGuide plays greeting

then user is prompted to enter a phone number

VoiceGuide then pick up another line and dials the number the user entered

VoicGuide then forwards user to the line with entered number

the line that VoiceGuide picked up the phone call from user is then dropped

Now the key is that I need VoiceGuide to play a random, 15 second .wav file every 5 minutes of the call. This will be a help file. During the 15 seconds a user can hit # on their phone and will be directed to further help on that specific topic. and after listning to the full help topic then can go back to normal conversation by hitting the number 1 on their keypad.

I need both parties to be able to hear ther short help .wav file that plays.

Is this a feature that VoiceGuide can support?

I am very happy so far with the way your software performs, hopefully we can find a solution for my needs

Thank You

David

VoiceGuide for ISDN can do what you describe below - but two lines will be used - one for each leg of the call.

(since both parties need to hear the ad every 5 minutes then both legs of the call must be controlled by VoiceGuide.)

thank you for the info... Is there any way of only having VoiceGuide control one line? The reason I am asking is that I dont want to utilize 2 lines for the process if I don't have to.

It is not necessary for both parts to be able to hit 1 to hear more about the help file, only the initiating party. Is there a scenario that would help me not utilize 2 lines for this process?

I was thinking that have a caller call into VoiceGiude system, then being prompted for the phone number to dial, then VoiveGuide dials number, upon someone answering VoiceGuide would then transfer the 1st party (one dialing into VoiceGude system) to 2nd party (person called by VoiceGuide system)

This should release the first line and then make it available for another incoming call. So you don't think this scenario will work?

Any help would be welcome from Support or users

Thank You

David

also I am looking to use Dialogic D/160SC-LS Rev 2 boards... on a 1 Gig pentium system with 20 mb of disc space and 512k memory, how many lines/boards do u think this system could support?

Thank You

david

Is there a scenario that would help me not utilize 2 lines for this process?

No. What you need will take up 2 lines.

If you have two callers talking to each other then you need two lines, one for each caller.

A 1GHz P4 with 512MB memory will easily handle 120 lines of the applications type that you are describing. 240 would not be out of the question....

If you have two callers talking to each other then you need two lines, one for each caller.

The VoIP system will be able to handle 3 way calling... Can VG utilize 3 way calling on a phone line?

Caller calls to VG system

VG system then uses "flash hook" to initiate the the 3 way calling

VG then dials the inputed number

VG then "flash hooks" again to bring all parties into the call

This is the method that could utilize just 1 line... But can vg support this? Can Dialogic boards supports this?

Thank you for all your help,

David

This is the method that could utilize just 1 line... But can vg support this? Can Dialogic boards supports this?

3 way calling is supported - in exactly the same way as you describe. But if you use 3 way calling then you will not be able to implement the playing of advertising to both parties during their conversation and respond to their individual selections...