VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Newbee Questions On Ct

Hello,

I've read through a bunch of the VoiceGuide doc, and a number of posting here. I still have some questions.

We are a very small office that needs a bigger office "sound" to the outside world. VoiceGuide seems like

just the ticket, but I am thinking that I am going to need a PBX to make things work. I don't want to buy a PBX.

So, here is what we have:

2 separate phone lines into the office.

About 5 to 10 different work areas/desks.

When a call comes in, all phones ring.

I have access to the punch-down block in my wiring closet.

What I want.

When call comes in, the caller is greeted by a message and enables to caller to select an extension (auto-attendant).

When the call get routed to the extension and there is no answer at the extension, the call is routed to voice-mail.

I know VoiceGuide can do this, but do I need a PBX to do this? Can't I just use a dialogic card that has 1 port for

each incomming phone line, and then 1 port for each extension? Or, would a card with that many ports be just a pricey as a small PBX.

Thanx in advance

Ray

A card which can support telephone externsions plugged into it (Dialogic MSI card) will cost you as much as a simple PBX.

What you need is a simple PBX, and attach VoiceGuide to PBXs extension(s).

VoiceGuide can then direct the call to the extension chosen by caller or do voicemail etc.

Thanx for the clarification. Do you have any recomendations for a simple PBX?

Thanx Again!

Best Regards,

Ray

Best to find a local PBX/Telephone Systems distributor/installer and see what they recommend in your area.