VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Runafterhangup Hidden?

I'm using the RunAfterHangup Feature and it's working well. Only problem is this script has grown and it holds the channel from taking calls while it's running. I would like it to run "in the background" and have the channel reset ready to take the next call. Is this possible? If not how could I call a script to run in the background would be the next question. Thanks.

What type of activity is performed in the "After Hangup" script? Do you need to use the Result Variables created during the call in the "After Hangup" script?

Can you move any of the functions that are done by the "After Hangup" script to a separate .BAT or VBScript file and call that from the command line using a Run Program module?

I do use the variables from the Calls Script with the AfterHangup Scripts. Migrating what I've done in the AfterHangup to a vbscript or .bat would be a huge undertaking in itself and bring about more problems than it would be worth at this point. I've got literally hundreds of hours into these scripts and this would be a lot of work to reproduce any other way. I guess there is just no way to run a VoiceGuide Script without "holding" the channel until it's done? That's really what I need I guess. AfterHangup with the ability to still Run but release the channel(Not Wait). Is there a "Not Wait" on calling another script..?

If another call was allowed to arrive on the line the new call would reset that line's Result Variables. So any After Hangup script that uses Result Variables would not run properly if those values are reset by new call.

If some long term activity is required to be performed after end of call then the "After Hangup" script should just be used to start an external program/Script that does it (and pass any required RV values to that new program as parameters).

Usually from After Hangup script just a database needs to be updated and some files written, which on most systems would take less then a second. What type of activity is performed in the "After Hangup" script used on your system?

Understood and I see why. Originally a database update and a few emails is all it did, now it's evolved into a monster script sending emails and creating a small avi movie etc. Emails send fast enough which I'm sending a lot of using a custom vgemailsender.exe you guys gave me last year to help resolve connection issues with Mail Enable. I've since switched to HMailServer and had great success. Anyway I know what I got to do now, thanks for the answer and quick response as usual. Great product too by the way, I'm consistently amazed at what can be done with this little program. I work at a Voice Recording company for last 10 years as the Product Manager and completely understand the battles involved with developing something like this to market to the public and support it even so I commend your company for a great thought out reliable software product that's scaleable from the home user to large companies using T1's etc.. Anyway Great Job VoiceGuide is Awesome!