VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Capture Entered Number Module Timeout Problem

in the capture entered number module, if I keep the minimum and maximum entered number length 0 and set the timeout eg. 3 seconds or 5 seconds and a caller enters numbers but does not press #, the module goes to the timeout path.

I think it should go to the success path because the caller entered the number she wants and waits.

Only if the caller press the # key, the module follows the success path.

But maybe you use a different logic than I do.

So I cannot set a timeout path because if the caller does not enter #, she cannot proceed to the intended next module.

There is no this problem, if the minimum and maximum entered number length are equal but not 0.

If the timeout occurs while awaiting number input and the timeout path is defined then the timeout path should be taken. This allows the script to take different actions in situations where the caller did not press # but just did not press anything for last X seconds...

Zoltan: Don't forget you can use the {fail} path to take action on a null entry! So if a user does not enter any digits you can take this path. Also, you can test the entry either in the validation tab or after the module executes, either with VBS, or evaulate module.