VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Mysql

Hello,

I have to start using mysql database, this is because access can not hold enough data.

I have attached a zip file to this forum.

The problem is this,

When I run my test scrip for connection to mysql the connection /odbc widow will opens. (Please see the capture screen connection /odbc in attached zip file).

When I enter “root” in “user” connection /odbc widow box the VG scrip completed and data enter to mysql.

The question is,

Why the connection /odbc opened however I have entered the user in connection area in Database Query 5module(please see the Database Query 5 file in attached zip file).

Also why however mysql receive the data, (please see mysql file in attached zip file) my database query5 still get fail path.

Thank for helping me.

Farzad

mysqlProblemfiles.zip

It's the MySQL ODBC driver that decides to pup up it's "ODBC Connection Config" window - so you should really direct your questions to MySQL support.

They will be able to answer questions about their software.

I suspect that you should be trying different combinations of ODBC connect string, or maybe look at some config within MySQL ODBC driver itself. Many of our customers are using MySQL without any windows popping up like you are seeing..

Here is a sample MySQL ODBC connect string that one other customer is using:

ODBC;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server=localhost;database=sql_imode;user=root;password=;port=3306

Hi, I have the same problem. I can connect to MySQL database successfully. The only thing is that everytime the system tried to connect to MySQL database through ODBC the Connector/ODBC Configuration Windows Pops Up. I have tried to pass Option=16 and also tick "Don't Prompt Upon Connect" property on Flag 2 but the window still pops up.

Here is the details of my system:

MySQL Server: version 4.1.11-log via TCP/IP

Client version: MySQL Client Version 5.0.11

ODBC version 3.51

VoiceGuide version 5.2.5012

I didn't have this problem before I reformat my harddrive and reinstall Windows. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

I have posted the same question on mysql forum but I am still yet waiting for some replies. Who knows some of you have ever got this problem and somehow resolved it. Again, thank you.

It seems to me that the parameters in connection string are not passed so that the configuration windows pops up for me to put in the correct username. I use correct username in the connection string but in the dialog window the username is always overriden to 'admin'. Anyone has an idea what's wrong with my system?

I googled around but could not get the answer to my problem.

Any input at all will be appreciated. Thanks.

I just found another fact: I trim down my connection string to

ODBC;

and it still works except that it also still opens the dialog window. I might be right about parameters in the connection string were not passed.

Another finding: the dialog ODBC connection dialog window always put 'admin' as the username. If I use admin as the username in the connection string then everything just work fine. But of course this is not an ideal situation as I might prefer to user something else as a username.

Farzad and breezy

Have you sorted out the problem as I am also having same problem and no help from any source. Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Hum

No I could not solve this problem. I am still using MSAccess. I had the same problem that you have, there is nor source to help to get the problme solve.

Hi,

it seems VG now connects to MySQL database becouse 'Query Database' module don't give any error and script process goes to next say number module, but the return value is always given 0 (zero). here is SQL qeury statement:

'SELECT balance FROM transaction WHERE customerId='$RV[getid]' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1'

I don't know where am I wrong.

Thanks.

Hum

How are you accessing the results?

Please post your script along with a the trace from the call.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachements.

Hi,

the result is always 0 (zero). if I execute the query command on MySQL browser it gives correct result. I have a remote server on Linux, I connect to it through SSH client (Win XP).

thanks.

hum

log.zip

Trace supplied does not capture the SQL Query.

You must open the trace window before making a test call.

Best to have the files saved to hard disk - they will be in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Trace shows data is retrieved ok, and the retrieved info value will be available to the rest of the script using $RV[data_1_1]

You're not using the correct RV - trace shows the script is trying to access $RV[data] afterwards, instead of $RV[data_1_1]...

Read the help file's entry on the DB Query module: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modDbQuery.htm

eg: module LookupTelFax uses a query: SELECT Tel, Fax FROM Customer WHERE CustId='$RV[Get CustId]' . We can use $RV[LookupTelFax_1_1] to access the contents of the Tel column and use LookupTelFax_2_1 to access he contents of the Fax column for customer 1. We can use $RV[LookupTelFax_1_2] to access the contents of the Tel column for customer 2, etc.

In terms of the connect window problem i've solved it (on my system) with the following connection string

ODBC;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};UID=root;PASSWORD=xxx;OPTION=3;server=192.168.1.80;DATABASE=gq1

note the use of UID not USERNAME, and OPTION=3

james

THANK YOU Yaragn!

I know this thread was old, but Support team, you shoudl add this to the help file somewhere.. because this took forever to find a solution.. The UID and the option 3 finally allowed me to connect without the pop up window...

-----------------------------------------------------

ODBC;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};UID=root;PASSWORD=xxx;OPTION=3;server=192.168.1.80;DATABASE=gq1

note the use of UID not USERNAME, and OPTION=3