VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Nat/firewall: Blocked In Sjphone

Hi VoiceGuide Team,

I have installed SJPhone in another machine. I used to dialing IP address to test VoiceGuide. It worked. And now, i aslo want to use SIP address to test call.

I do the same like this tutorial https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/sjphone. But it displays NAT/Firewall: Blocked. I have turned off firewall. How can i fix this issue?

Thank you for you support.

Thao Huynh

post-22785-0-62949400-1491967942_thumb.png

so, i just need to register any telephone number i want in Config.xml (eg: 177719819819), and i can use SJphone to dial the registered telephone number.

Am i understand correctly?

Yes. if the phone is registered with own phone number and VoiceGuide registers itself to answer calls for it's phone number then then you should be able to dial VoiceGuide by dialing its phone number.

If you are not based in US then it may be better for you to set up all these registrations using some SIP service provider in your country, instead of CallCentric.

My Config.xml

<VoIP_Registrations>
<VoIP_Registration>
<Display>CallCentric (www.callcentric.com) </Display>
<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>
<RegServer>callcentric.com</RegServer>
<RegClient>177719819819@callcentric.com</RegClient>
<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>
<Expires></Expires>
</VoIP_Registration>
</VoIP_Registrations>
<VoIP_Authentications>
<VoIP_Authentication>
<Display>CallCentric</Display>
<Realm></Realm>
<Identity></Identity>
<AuthUsername>177719819819</AuthUsername>
<AuthPassword>[REMOVED]</AuthPassword>
</VoIP_Authentication>
</VoIP_Authentications>
---------------------------------------
I use PC to PC (SIP) to dial SIP address (177719819819@callcentric.com), but it display "Forbidden", and wireshark can't capture SIP packets.
So what service i can use to dial SIP address?
Edited by ThaoHuynh
removed password

Please post WireShark traces from both systems. VoiceGuide system and the SJPhone system.

Start WireShark before starting VoiceGuide service and SJPhone in order to capture the registration process.

WireShark trace shows that SJSip has not registered itself. CallCentric is replying with "403 : Incorrect Authentication".

Please check the account (phone number) that you are trying to register and the password that is meant to be used on that account.

post-3-0-77496100-1491984534_thumb.png

It look like i understand it wrong, so please give me step by step guidelines to register and dial SIP address use SJphone.

Thank you for your help.

Trace does not capture the initial registration, but the outgoing call seems to go out OK.

Note that if you are going to make a call through your SIP provider (CallCentric) the you need to dial a telephone number. Not an IP address...

You need to dial the telephone number registered by the VoiceGuide system.

17778305883 is the number registered by your SJPhone, right?

What is the number tat is being registered by the VoiceGuide system?

Have you started WireShark before the VoiceGuide service was started? If you have configured VoiceGuide to register itself with some SIP service provider (eg: CallCentric) then you should see SIP registration packets in the WireShark trace as VoiceGuide tries to register itself.

204.11.192.169 must be IP address of CallCentric server. If you have registered SJPhone with a SIP service provider (like CallCentric) then call setup is done through that SIP service provider.

How did you dial the IP address directly before from SJPhone? did you use the "sip:" prefix before the IP address? or some other way?

17778305883 is the number registered by your SJPhone, right?

Yes.

What is the number tat is being registered by the VoiceGuide system?

At that time, I have deleted all my register telephone number in VoiceGuide system in Config.xml.

And now, i have registered again like this post http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12382&p=42249, and dial 177719819819 in SJphone, but it still not working.

I attached wireshark trace in SJPhone system when i register telephone number in Voiceguide.

How did you dial the IP address directly before from SJPhone? did you use the "sip:" prefix before the IP address? or some other way?

I just dial 192.168.76.21 (same way i use PC to PC (SIP) service)

wireshark.zip

Is 177719819819 the number which you are trying to get VoiceGuide to register?

Please .ZIP up and post the ktTel and vgEngine traces from VoiceGuide system that capture VoiceGuide service start This will let us see if VoiceGuide is registering that number on not.

Please also start WireShark on VoiceGuide system before the VoiceGuide service start. WireShark should then capture the SIP REGISTER messages. You can type:

sip

in the WireShark Filter text box to have WireShark display only the SIP messages (and you can then select to save only the displayed packets).

Regarding SJPhone no longer making direct IP calls : perhaps registering with SIP Provider has changed how this version of SJPhone treats the entered destination number?

Have you tried dialing this:

sip:192.168.76.21

or:

100@192.168.76.21

or:

sip:100@192.168.76.21

Is 177719819819 the number which you are trying to get VoiceGuide to register?

Yes

I tried dialing:

and:

sip:192.168.76.21

and:

sip:100@192.168.76.21

and:

sip:177719819819@callcentric.com

But it still not working exactly. I can't hear sound file in VoiceGuide script.

And why SJPhone display NAT/firewall: Blocked?

I attachted ktTel and vgEngine traces file from VoiceGuide system, and wireshark traces from SJPhone system.

Please check it.

log.zip

Please also start WireShark on VoiceGuide system before the VoiceGuide service start.

WireShark should then capture the SIP REGISTER messages.

Please post WireShark trace from VoiceGuide system along with the ktTel and vgEngine traces from VoiceGuide.

VoiceGuide currently cannot register itself with the SIP provider and the WireShark traces should let us see what is happening.

226 032428.956  6080     ev    GCEV_SERVICERESP (board device)
227 032428.969  6080           GCEV_SERVICERESP ResultInfo: gcValue=1283(0x503|GCRV_PROTOCOL|event caused by protocol error) gcMsg=[Event caused by protocol error] ccLibId=8 ccLibName=[GC_H3R_LIB] ccValue=[0x66||] ccMsg=[IPEC_REG_FAIL_invalidAlias] additionalinfo=[]

Wireshark can't capture any SIP packets in VoiceGuide system when i use callcentric service, although i start wireshark before the VoiceGuide service start.

And wireshark can capture normal SIP packets when i dial 192.168.76.21 using PC to PC (SIP) service in SJPhone.

Also, in order to get SJPhone to dial direct IP addresses again please try opening SJPhone's Properties windows and on the "Profiles" tab select "SIP Direct". The try dialing the IP address directly again. WireShark will show if the calls are being routed to IP address, or if the continue to be sent to your SIP Provider.

Wireshark can't capture any SIP packets in VoiceGuide system when i use callcentric service,

A Register attempt is being made by VoiceGuide, so some SIP packets should be visible as being sent out...

Recommend getting back to the setup you had before, where you were dialing the IP address of the VoiceGuide system directly and then use WireShark on VoiceGuide system and confirm that WireShark can see the SIP packets of the incoming call. If those packets are seen then WireShark should also see the SIP REGISTER packets that would be sent out at VoiceGuide service start time.

I should get back to the setup in VoiceGuide system or SJphone system?

SJPhone system has 2 services default:

PC to PC (SIP)

PC to PC (H.323)

and I have created a Callcentric service follow tutorial https://www.callcent.../device/sjphone.

When i use default config.xml (not register SIP address) or registered SIP address in config.xml, i can dial IP address and Wireshark can capture SIP packets of the incoming call if i use PC to PC (SIP) service in SJPhone system

It fault when i use Callcentric service in SJPhone system to dial number.

post-22785-0-73005700-1492065793_thumb.png

When you dial IP address directly and VoiceGuide answers can you now see SIP packets in the WireShark that is running on VoiceGuide system?

Please do the following:

1. Stop VoiceGuide service

2. Restart Dialogic HMP service. (use Dialogic's DCM)

3. Start WireShark on the VoiceGuide system and start capturing packets.

4. Start VoiceGuide

5. Place call into VoiceGuide and have it answer.

6. Hangup the call

7. Stop WireShark capture and save the .pcapng file.

8. .ZIP up the .pcapng file and post it here.

9. .ZIP up VoiceGuide vgEngine and ktTel traces and post them here as well.

When you dial IP address directly and VoiceGuide answers can you now see SIP packets in the WireShark that is running on VoiceGuide system?

Yes, i can see SIP packets

log.zip

In VoiceGuide's Config.xml file please set the <LocalAlias> entry to:

<LocalAlias>177719819819@192.168.76.21</LocalAlias>

and then do the following:

1. Stop VoiceGuide service
2. Stop Dialogic HMP service. (use Dialogic's DCM)
3. Wait 10 seconds
4. Start Dialogic HMP service. (use Dialogic's DCM)
5. Start WireShark on the VoiceGuide system and start capturing packets
6. Start VoiceGuide service
7. Place call into VoiceGuide and have it answer
8. Hangup the call
9. Stop WireShark capture and save the .pcapng file.
10. .ZIP up the .pcapng file and post it here
11. .ZIP up VoiceGuide vgEngine and ktTel traces and post them here as well

We can now see the REGISTER messages being sent out to CallCentric, but CallCentric is replying with a "403 Incorrect Authentication" to the registration request. Most likely the password used is incorrect. Please check the password specified in VoiceGuide's Config.xml and try again.

Once the 177719819819 number is registering you will be able to dial into the system by dialing 177719819819 from any phone worldwide. And of course you will still be able to place calls into VoiceGuide by sending them to your VoiceGuide system's IP address directly.

post-3-0-47133800-1492072818_thumb.png

Trace shows that system at IP 192.168.76.21 has successfully registered itself with CallCentric to use number 17778305883.

You should now be able to dial 17778305883 from any normal phone and CallCentric should route that call to system at IP 192.168.76.21

So looks like you have used same number that was previously used by SJPhone at IP 192.168.76.37

You should ensure that only one system is registering any one number at any one time.

When i dial IP address, i can hear my script in voiceguide system, but when i dial 17778305883, i can't hear any sound.

Here is my wireshark traces.

wireshark.zip

Trace shows call is being answered. What script is running on system? Can you post the vgEngine and ktTel traces?

That script only plays one short sound file at beginning. That may not be heard by caller if the SIP provider has some delay in bridging the voice path.

For connectivity testing its best to use a script that plays a longer sound file in a loop.

192.168.76.21 never gets an ACK from the SIP service after it answers the call with OK.

Fastest way to resolve this would be to try using another SIP service provider. Recommend selecting one that is based in the country where you are located.

I would like to try free service before i decided to buy a SIP service. Do you have any other solution?

204.11.192.163 and 204.11.192.171 are your SIP Service provider's (CallCentric's) servers.

192.168.76.21 never gets an "ACK" from the SIP service after it answers the call with "OK".

Dialogic HMP does not transmit sound until the "ACK" is received. You can see HMP re-sending "OK" over and over, awaiting an ACK, but ACK does not arrive...

In VoiceGuide's Config.xml file please try setting set the <LocalAlias> entry to:

<LocalAlias>177719819819@X.X.X.X</LocalAlias>

Where X.X.X.X is replaced your external IP address. Google "what is my IP" and you'll see your external IP address.

I have tried my external IP address 118.69.34.52. I also stopped and restarted VoiceGuide, Dialogic HMP services. But it still not working.

Can i dial my SIP address 17778305883@192.168.76.21 from another network?

Can i dial my SIP address 17778305883@192.168.76.21 from another network?

No, you would not be able to do that. 192.168.X.X are private networks.

Best approach to receive external calls is to register with a local SIP Provider.

You might also want to speak to your network administrator.