VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide & Skype For Business

hello,

i would like to know if someone already integrate Skype for business or Lync with Voiceguide on a virtual machine ?

we currectly have a SFB server and a Sonus to convert the analog voice and IP voice with our voiceguide server.

i'm trying to virtualize this application.

at the moment, i'm able to reach the voiceguide server, it can play "0" like i told it, but i'm not able to forward a call.

maybe something is missing to send the call to my skype server. in my conf.xml file, i put voip registration part and since this time voiceguide can take the call. i haven't configure anything else (i'm pretty sure this is the reason).

can someone help me with this ?

i can share sip traces.

thank you

at the moment, i'm able to reach the voiceguide server, it can play "0" like i told it, but i'm not able to forward a call.

Sounds like you are able to receive calls, and can hear the sound files played by VoiceGuide after the call has been answered.

Are you trying to forward the call by placing a call on another channel and then bridging the two calls together (called: 'tromboning')?

Could you please post the vgEngine and ktTel traces from the VoiceGuide system, and make a SIP/RTP packet capture of the call using WireShark (www.wireshark.org).

We can then see what is happening on the system.

To have WireShark just display SIP + RTP packets please specify this in the WireShark's Filter text box:

sip || rtp

and when saving the trace (as .pcapng file) specify to only save the displayed packets.

WireShark trace shows that VoiceGuide sytem is at IP 192.168.182.78, and the SIP server with which you are trying to communicate is at 192.168.182.20

What is the system at 192.168.182.20 ?

It is not responding to SIP REGISTER requests, and when VoiceGuide answers the call from it no voice data (RTP packets) is received from it.

See attached screenshot of your WireShark trace.

post-3-0-56513800-1496703483_thumb.gif

the 182.20 is my skype for business server, i think skype for business doesn't support the normal sip. SFB can make some sip trunks, it's what i did a sip trunk between voiceguide and SFB.

We can see SIP messages coming from SFB, and when SFB sends a SIP call to HMP/VoiceGuide we can see that that call is answered by HMP/VoiceGuide and SFB can see that that call was answered - and it relays the voice traffic from VoiceGuide to you - which you can then hear.

So your SFB is able to use SIP to establish calls.

Looks like there are some issues with voice data from SFB. No RTP packets can be seen from SFB. This should be resolved first. You may want to look at what firewalls are between SFB and HMP/VoiceGuide. Suggest disabling the firewalls temporarily and seeing if this resolves this.

On what virtualization platform are you deploying this? VmWave ESXi ?

As you have set up a SIP Trunk from SFB then it is most likely unnecessary for HMP/VoiceGuide to register itself with SFB, so you can remove those Registration/Authentication entries from VoiceGuide's Config.xml file.

When using trunks however you may need to make call transfers by dialing on another channel and bridging the calls together (the 'Dial and Conference' option). Suggest trying to use that type of transfer after you resolved the issue of sound (ie: RTP packets) from SFB not arriving at HMP/VoiceGuide.

Also please update your system to latest verison of Dialogic HMP drivers, and VoiceGuide:

[old link removed - please use newest version of VoiceGuide]

To update HMP please fully uninstall the current HMP drivers from your system and then restart Windows.

After Windows restart please then install the new HMP drivers.

To update to new version of VoiceGuide please stop the VoiceGuide service and exit all VoiceGuide programs, and then install new version of VoiceGuide over the top of existing version. Pleas see below for full instructions:

To change from one release of VoiceGuide v7 to another:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service and exit all VoiceGuide programs. (eg Script Designer, Voicemail Manager, etc) and all other programs.

2. Run the VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation. (Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation).

3. Start VoiceGuide service.

Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, VmBoxList.xml, etc) and will not remove any of users script or sound files, and will not remove any log files etc.

hello,

with the new software version i don't have crash now. so it's a good improvement.

so i changed my setup, i decide to put an asterisk between both system, so i have vioceguide----asterisk-----Skype for business. at this point it looks good, but i have an issue with voiceguide.

i checked in the logs and voiceguide didn't want to transfer the call because the dial number was too short. our extensions are with 3 digits, when i changed that for 7 digits it works.

so my question is how i can force voiceguide to send the call with 3 digits ?

thank you

Can you post the VoiceGuide traces that capture the transfer attempt that is made? Please post both ktTel and vgEngine traces.

Please include both '3-digit transfer' and '7-digit transfer' attempts in the traces.

Please update your system to this new version of VoiceGuide:

[old link removed]

and see if the 'number too short' issue on your VoIP transfer still occurs.

To update to new version of VoiceGuide please stop the VoiceGuide service and exit all VoiceGuide programs, and then install new version of VoiceGuide over the top of existing version. Pleas see below for full instructions:

To change from one release of VoiceGuide v7 to another:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service and exit all VoiceGuide programs. (eg Script Designer, Voicemail Manager, etc) and all other programs.

2. Run the VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation. (Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation).

3. Start VoiceGuide service.

Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, VmBoxList.xml, etc) and will not remove any of users script or sound files, and will not remove any log files etc.