VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Delay In Transferring Call

I have several issues:

1. My script is setup to do an anounced transfer to a number not on the PBX system. The script makes the transfer, but it takes the # upto 20 seconds before it starts ringing. I need to reduce the time it takes to ring this #.

2. When the anounced transfer is picked up, a message plays informing the person that this call is an anounced transfer and if they would like to accept it to press 1. I would like to have the call directly connected with out playing a message.

3. Return to option is not working from the voice mail manager. My script is setup to transfer a call to a VM box after a timeout period then return to a module in the scripte. on {timeout 30} go to [Voicemailbox 0001] return to [HangupCall]. It never returns to the HangupCall module which is a DB Query module designed to enter in information gathered from caller into a database. This module works when VM does not answer the call.

4. On hold music, is this possible with VG? Or is there a way to play a message after or before making an anounced transfer to let the caller know something is happening? I have a play module that presents a list of menu options to the user, from there, several DB queries, time checks, etc.. are done before the anounced transfer module. If the anounced transfer times out, the script is set to transfer to another number, the user here's 2 clicks then a long silence. If no one picks up, then VM. I would like to be able to indicate to the user in someway that something is happening.

5. Detecting a busy signal also fails. As described in step 4, if the first # does not answer, the call goes to the 2nd number, but if the first # is busy, the call gets dropped. I need the call to be immediately transfered to the second number. What can I do to correct this.

I am uploading my log files. These show examples of items 1-4 above.

logs.zip

The script makes the transfer, but it takes the # upto 20 seconds before it starts ringing. I need to reduce the time it takes to ring this #.

Trace shows that the transfer module finished dialing the number withi 6 seconds.

Which version of VG are yon using? v5.2.3 or some other?

161533.66  6 [TransfertoTechnician] Announced Transfer to 9,7983679 (Generate)

161533.67  6 tapic lineGenerateDigits(65774,!,0) => 0

161534.33  6 generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

161534.33  6 timer set 1  EV_TAPI_GENERATE

161535.31  6 timer fired EV_TAPI_GENERATE

161535.31  6 ScriptEventCode 9602 iLineState=1900

161535.31  6 LsXferStart EV_TAPI_GENERATE

161535.33  6 timer set 1  EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

161536.42  6 timer fired EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

161536.42  6 ScriptEventCode 9200 iLineState=1905

161536.42  6 LsXferPlayVts EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

161536.44  6 tapic lineGenerateDigits(65774,9,7983679,0) => 0

161539.59  6 generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

I would like to have the call directly connected with out playing a message.

Please download and install "VG for Dialogic" patch. Then you will be able to select "Monitored Transfer" option.

3. Return to option is not working from the voice mail manager.

Please post your script and a MMDDvgm.txt trace capturing just this part of call.

4. On hold music, is this possible with VG? Or is there a way to play a message after or before making an anounced transfer to let the caller know something is happening?

After hookflash is issued it's the PBX that takes control of the call - any on-hold music would have to be played by the PBX. You can always just use a Play module beforehand to inform caller the "call is about to be transferred, please hold".

5. Detecting a busy signal also fails. As described in step 4, if the first # does not answer, the call goes to the 2nd number, but if the first # is busy, the call gets dropped. I need the call to be immediately transfered to the second number. What can I do to correct this.

Please download and install "VG for Dialogic" patch. You can then use more paths in the Transfer Call modules - including "BUSY". See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modXfer.htm

1. I am running VG 5.2.3. I guess as long as I get some on hold music this delay will not be so bad. The blind transfer is nice because the caller can hear the phone ringing. Is there any way to let the caller hear a ringing phone during an anounced transfer

Please download and install "VG for Dialogic" patch. Then you will be able to select "Monitored Transfer" option.

---How do I go about configuring VG after installing this patch. There is no more config wizard? how do I setup additional lines or additional cards? I had VG setup on this system before doing anounced transfers where it did not ask the caller to accept the call. What could have changed to make the way the call is handled different?

3. Return to option is not working from the voice mail manager.

---I resolved this problem. I needed to hit 0 when leaving the VM system

4.After hookflash is issued it's the PBX that takes control of the call - any on-hold music would have to be played by the PBX. You can always just use a Play module beforehand to inform caller the "call is about to be transferred, please hold".

---I will attempt to configure out PBX system to play hold music

The notes for the VG for Dialogic patch state that the Standard TAPI option needed to be selected when installing VG. I did not choose this option. What sort of problems might I encounter if I apply this patch?

Wrong VG system sound files would have been installed.

You need to have the 8kHz sound files installed.

I would rather not reinstall on the same system. Can I install on another system and copy the sound files over? Where would I copy them?

Does the monitored transfer connect the call with out prompting the user?

Will any functionality in my current script be lost or changed if I uninstall the Dialogic (analog) version and switch to the Standard TAPI version?

Will any other functionality with VG be lost? I know the configuration wizard is no longer available after applying the patch. How do I go about setting up the card and scripts in VG with out the config wizard?

Can I install on another system and copy the sound files over? Where would I copy them?

Copy entire \system\ and \scripts\ suibdirectories.

How do I go about setting up the card and scripts in VG with out the config wizard?

Instructions are in the readme.txt file supplied in the patch .ZIP archive.

After applying this patch, does VG continue to use the VG.ini file?

I applied this patch, and my script stopped transferring calls.

I guess I will just have to live with the announced transfer message, even though it was never there before.

After applying the patch, have you specified the "monitored transfer" as the transfer type?

If you were not using the VG for Dialogic patch before then how were you transferring calls if you did not get the message... - maybe you were using "blind transfer"?

No, I wasnt using blind transfer. I've tested that before, but I still need the script to perform operations after the call is transferred.

If yon want the script to move on to another module after doing the transfer then use a "Success" path from the transfer module - the script will then move onto the next module after doing the transfer.