VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Voiceguide V6 Do Record_start?

I am on v6 and tried to do following:

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Record_Start $RV_LINEID, "c:\newfile.wav", 1, ""

set vg = Nothing

But error window says ActiveX component can't create object 'vgServices.CommandLink'

No such function for v6?

Was this VBScript ran from inside a VoiceGuide 'Run VBScript' module, or from an external VBScript?

Can you post the VoiceGuide traces capturing the system startup and the call during which this script was called?

(Please .ZIP up any traced before posting)

Why didn't I get email when the question got replied. I should have come back earlier.

Nothing to do with the log. It's program error. Attached is the pop error window and the vgs source and the log.

Thanks.

post-2946-131863729393_thumb.jpg

test_Record.vgs

1014vgm.txt

In v6 the COM interface is VoiceGuide.CommandLink.

vgServices is used in v7.

Please change;

to:

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

(the Help file that is is installed with v6 has the right object name used in examples)

If it still does not work, then are there any Anti Virus apps installed on this system?

No it's still not working.

Attached is the trace.txt and the error window and the vbs program mentioned in the trace. I feel the function doesn't exist in my package. Since our customer paid the licence for installation on their system. I didn't buy licence for the package installed on my computer. May this be a reason?

trace.txt

post-2946-132088230905_thumb.jpg

vbs_4_1.txt

Sorry, forgot to mention in last message. I don't have anti virus running on the computer.

Notice the error is different now.

The error now is "Wrong numbe rof arguments in Record_Start function call'.

Previously the error was that CreateObject call could not create object.

So looks like now the CreateObject call is fine, and the object is being created, but there is something wrong with the Record_Start function call.

In VoiceGuide v6 the Record_Start function does not have the sOptionsXml - Record options field. That field was added to VoiceGuide v7 API. Please see the documentation that is installed along with VoiceGuide v6 on your system. The online documnetation shows v7 API.

In your VBScript please change:

vg.Record_Start 4, "c:\newfile.wav", 1, ""

to:

vg.Record_Start 4, "c:\newfile.wav", 1

Can you also describe in more detail what do you want the system to do? Why are you using a VBscript module to do the recording instead of just using a Record module to do the recording?

I don't know why the help document on my computer is V7's though it's Version 6.0.3003. It's there when I did the installation. I just tested the package (VoiceGuide v6.0.3391) on VoiceGUIDE site and the help document is again for V7. So, it seems I have no way to find out what is the right way to use the function. What I am trying to do is to record the full conversation for the call when it happened and save it to a file on the server. My real script will be a little complicated. But just for purpose of testing this feature, I made a very simple script:

when connected, start record ----> play a sound file (will do more things) -----> stop record---> hangup. So, what else can I give you?

There is improvement. No run time error. But sound was not recorded either. I suppose the voice file I played when connected should be recorded into c:\newfile.wav. I am not understanding the function correctly? Attached is the vgs file I was using and trace file.

test_Record.vgs

trace2.txt

The reason why nothing is recorded in sound file c:\newfile.wav is because the VoiceGuide script moves onto a play module straight after the recording is started.

The starting of a new Play automatically stops any current Recordings/Plays on the line.

Only a few milliseconds of sound would have been recorded into c:\newfile.wav, as that is how long it was between the start of c:\newfile.wav recording and then the start of the file ThisIsTheUGICalloutSystem.wav

113835.70   4 state [start_record] Running VB Script...
113835.70   4       rv replace start: ['set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")
'vg.Record_Start $RV_LINEID, "c:\newfile.wav", 1, ""
vg.Record_Start $RV_LINEID, "c:\newfile.wav", 1
  vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "success"
set vg = Nothing
]
113835.70   4 rvns  [PathSysVoice]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[PathDataVm]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\}[OutDial_ID]{378}[OutDial_OnNotConnected]{}[OutDial_AnswerTimeout]{60}[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{2}[OutDial_PauseBetweenRetries]{120}[$RV_STARTTIME]{11/10/2011 11:38:35 AM}[$RV_DEVICEID]{4}[DlgcNetworkResource]{dxxxB1C4}[DlgcVoiceResource]{dxxxB1C4}[$RV_CIDNAME]{}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[$RV_CALLEDNUMBER]{914089338104}[OutDial_Result]{Contacted_Human}[scriptEnd_Time]{11/10/2011 11:38:35 AM}[scriptEnd_Goto_Script]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Call Recorders\Dial and Record\test_Record.vgs}[scriptEnd_Goto_Module]{}[scriptStart_Time]{11/10/2011 11:38:35 AM}[scriptStart_CalledFrom_Module]{Hangup}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Call Recorders\Dial and Record\}[scriptPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Call Recorders\Dial and Record\}
113835.71   4       vbs run [vbs_4_1.vbs], cmd [wscript "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_4_1.vbs" //I //T:60]
113835.75   4       Run Script waiting. iRunWait=1 (shellid=3464, process=32288)
113835.76   4 timer set 1  EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE
113835.76   2 tr    NewVgsVgm_Goto end
113835.81   4 cl    Record_Start [c:\newfile.wav] beep=[1]
113835.82   4       RecStart [c:\newfile.wav] ok, RecStartTime=41915.82
113835.82   4 cl    Run_ResultReturn [success]
113835.82   4 rv    add [start_record_ResultReturn]{success}
113835.82   4       next module is [FromUGI] (idx=46)
113835.84   4 cl    Run_ResultReturn module's runwait=1, WavPlayHasNowFinished=0, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=46
113835.84   4       RunModule start [Play,[FromUGI],46,,]
113835.84   4 timer clear bForceClear=False
113835.84   4       Play Module start
113835.84   4 state [FromUGI] Playing
113835.84   4 state [FromUGI] Playing (C:\toa\ugivoice\UGI_Callout_Voice\ThisIsTheUGICalloutSystem.wav)
113835.86   4 timer clear bForceClear=False
113835.86   4 play  start ok, lPlayId=-910640
113835.89   4 tw    DialogicEvent 130,TDX_RECORD,0,0,0,TM_USRSTOP,,
113835.89   4 event TDX_RECORD, iCode=130 state=1100
113835.89   4       LsPlayMsg EV_UNKNOWN_130,TDX_RECORD
113835.89   4       path {TDX_RECORD} not found
113835.92   4 event EV_REC_FINISHED, iCode=8003 state=1100
113835.92   4       LsPlayMsg EV_REC_FINISHED,EV_REC_FINISHED
113835.93   4       path {EV_REC_FINISHED} not found
113838.95   4 tw    PlayEnd 4 -910640
113838.96   4 play  end id=-910640, (current ID)
113838.96   4 event EV_PLAY_FINISHED, iCode=8001 state=1100
113838.96   4       LsPlayMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED,EV_PLAY_FINISHED

Please see attached Help file.

Looks like a Help file update intended for v7 made its way into the most recent v6 version as well.

We will now update v6 downoad to include the correct Help file version.

vg_help.zip

Thanks for giving me the help file. Also, thanks for explaining why it's not working. But how to record the conversation online? The reason for recording is to keep evidence when facing complaints about the service. Actually no real people are at server side, where the dialogic card is installed. The other side will punch keys to response. It's not realistic to ask customer to check log files to find out what was going on. So, is it possible to recode for this purpose?

Do you want to record the sound of the entire interaction between the caller and IVR system?

To do this you will need an external recording device attached to the line.

Usually the only time the interaction is recorded is if the caller is routed through card to a live agent - the conversation can then be recorded using the Record_2Lines_Start command: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/com_record_2lines_start.htm

Interactions with IVR are not usually recorded as its hard to tell from recording which key the caller pressed just from listening to the sound of it.

Any important/critical data entered by caller is usually just spoken back to caller and caller is asked to confirm by pressing a "1" - and this is usually sufficient.

The details of data entered and that confirmation was pressed is saved in database or user selected log file - and this is usually enough.

If you really need something critical confirmed, and its so critical that a logging of a keypress in SB/log is not enough, then you would probably need to have a recording of the persons voice anyway - in which case it probably best to route caller through to an agent, or another IVR script that just playing an a announcement an prompts caller to say "I agree" - and then use Record_2Lines_Start to record that interaction.

Hello support team,

I had the same probelm, looking on forum I could find this thread and solve my error: ActiveX component Can't create object:'vgServices.commandLink'

I also have win7 64bit system. I got this error as soon as I immegrant my VG script to this system.

as you menstion the solution to this problem is to

change;

to:

I am not only want to say thank you, but to confrim the solution to everyone has the same system and problem

Take care,