VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dial-Out Activities Stopped Working At Some Point

Hello VG Support,

One of our customers reported today that IVR stopped calling out at some point.

The environment is SIP 4 ports with Dialogic HMP drivers.

Please find the attached log file.

As you can see all the (4) ports were being used actively between 10:40 and 10:50, then round at 11:05, VG started recording messages like "dial some calls found (autodialer) any line, ID/GUID=...." repeatedly, and I think that is where it stopped calling out.

After that time, no call out could be made even if a user sent requests to CallQueue table in SQL server. But I could confirm call-in functionalities were OK.

I restarted the server and it is now working fine, but I would like to find out what the cause of this problem was.

My wild guess is that probably new call-out requests were sent while all the ports were tight and the server could not handle those for some reason?

Please enlighten me with your expertise.

Thanks for all your help.

IVR_CallOutStoppedWorking_2015-10-12.zip

The version used on this system is quite old. Can you please update system to this version:

[removed]

and please post traces as before if you still encounter any problems.

To change from one release of VoiceGuide v7 to another:

1. Stop VoiceGuide Service and exit all VoiceGuide programs. (eg Script Designer, Voicemail Manager, etc) and all other programs.

2. Run the VoiceGuide install and install into same directory as existing installation. (Do NOT uninstall the previous VoiceGuide installation).

3. Start VoiceGuide service.

Running a VoiceGuide install over the top of an existing install will NOT overwrite existing configuration or license files (Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml, VG.INI, VmBoxList.xml, etc) and will not remove any of users script or sound files, and will not remove any log files etc

Thanks for the reply.

We know we have been using an old version but were reluctant to apply the latest patch because the version we tried (last year) did not produce prepared VBScripts, which could be used for debugging purposes.

You have mentioned that time you would provide this as a debugging option, but I do not know if it is available now?

Saving to .vbs file can now be set in VG.INI, in [moduleRunScript] section.

(there is a "SaveToFile" entry there)

Nice!

I will try to see if the latest version resolves and let you know.

Thank you very much.