VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error On Back To Back Vbscript Modules

Hello,

If I use 2 VBScript modules back to back (VBModule goes to another VBModule after "success" path), would it be a problem?

I have a script that receives time in military format from user, validate if it is correct time in VBScript module, validate if minutes are in 15 minutes of increments in VBScript module, then play wave to confirm the hours entered.

But after receiving a correctly formatted hours (i.e. "0800", which is 8:00 AM), VG would hang up abruptly while playing the confirmation wave files.

If I use just one of the validation scripts at a time (just use time validation OR increment validation), the script works correctly and proceeds to the next module.

Does it mean I cannot use 2 VBScript modules in a row?

If you see the attached script, after the time "0800" is received, VG will execute [ValidateStartTime] module, then move to [ValidateStartTimeIncrement] module, then move and start playing [PlayConfirmSickstartTime], but hangs up without proceeding to the next module.

Thanks for your help in advance.

VG_VBModules.zip

Module [ValidateStartTime] calls Run_ResultReturn twice.

Run_ResultReturn must only be called once (and only if Script_Goto/Script_Gosub/etc. has not been called already).

Right now the second "Run_ResultReturn" response returned from task started in [ValidateStartTime] is received after [ValidateStartTimeIncrement] has already started, and that causes system to move onto next module: [PlayConfirmSickStartTime]

Then, when the "Run_ResultReturn - success" from task started in [ValidateStartTimeIncrement] arrives there is no matching path in module [PlayConfirmSickStartTime] and system hangs up the call.

143901.048  10   3   1 state [ValidateStartTime] RunScript vbs, onhold=

143902.248  26   3   1 rem   Run_ResultReturn [[StartTime]{1900-1-1 08:00}[StartTimeString]{WAV Files\Numbers\8.wav,WAV Files\Numbers\AM.wav}] 94

143902.249  10   3   1 state [ValidateStartTimeIncrement] RunScript vbs, onhold=

143902.251  26   3   1 rem   Run_ResultReturn [success] 7

143902.252   7   3   1 state [PlayConfirmSickStartTime] Playing wav (WAV Files\Common_ConfirmSelection.wav,WAV Files\Numbers\8.wav,WAV Files\Numbers\AM.wav,WAV Files\Common_ConfirmProceed.wav)

143903.477  32   3   1 rem   Run_ResultReturn [success] 7

143903.478   7   3   1       HangupCall qScr add (Run_ResultReturn - no path match (same vgm)) crn_in=0, L1=Connected, L2=Running_Normal, lPlayId=95840, lRecId=0

From Module [ValidateStartTime] :

If strStartTime <> "" Then
'Corrent Date format is ready. pass to the RVs.
vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "[startTime]{" & strStartTime & "}[startTimeString]{" & strStartTimeString & "}"
sResult = "success"
Else
'return fail to IVR to play error msg
sResult = "fail"
End If

If (Err.Number <> 0) Then
Call TraceError($RV[PlayWelcomeGetEmpNumber],"Input Validation for Start Time")
Err.Clear
Else
'Return result
vg.Run_ResultReturn RV_LINEID, sResult
End If

Maybe change above to:

If strStartTime <> "" Then
'Corrent Date format is ready. pass to the RVs.
sResult = "[startTime]{" & strStartTime & "}[startTimeString]{" & strStartTimeString & "}"
Else
'return fail to IVR to play error msg
sResult = "fail"
End If

If (Err.Number <> 0) Then
Call TraceError($RV[PlayWelcomeGetEmpNumber],"Input Validation for Start Time")
Err.Clear
Else
'Return result
vg.Run_ResultReturn RV_LINEID, sResult
End If

Returning a $RV string in Run_ResultReturn results in module taking the "success" path.

Another alternative is to use RvSet or RvSet_RvList to set the RVs before returning Success.

Please see:

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/com_rvset.htm

http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/com_rvset_rvlist.htm

Oh, I see.

I have changed the first "Result Return" to "RvSet_RvList" and now it works.

Thanks a lot!