VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New To Voice Guide, Please Help

Hello, I am new to VoiceGuide...

I have been trying to evaluate the software but have been struggling with setting it up properly.

Concisely, I am trying to setup a simple autoattendant system with the following components:

Windows XP SP2

Dialogic D4PCIUF

Dialogic Sytem Release 6.0 for PCI

VoiceGuide 7.0.4

My Dialogic set up went smoothly. I was able to install everything without a hic up. The demo programs work well without issues. Once I install VoiceGuide, issues come up. For instance, I can't load a script either by using the "Line Status Monitor" or by using the "Script Designer" (and pressing the run script icon). If I press the "run script" icon I get an error.

I already tried fresh installs of the operating system, and of VoiceGuide (including VoiceGuide 7.0.4 and specific VoiceGuide for Dialogic 6.0.3377 version). In both cases I have issues... If I use the previous version of Dialogic System Release (i.e. 5.1.1 including associated System Release, Service Pack and Feature Pack), issues come up again after I install VoiceGuide...

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

In v7 and v6 the setting of which script to run on each line is done using Config.xml, not by pressing the "Run Script" icon. The "Run Script" icon will be removed in future v7 and v6 script designer releases as it is misleading.

Please see help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialogicsr60.htm

As you are using a 4 port analog Dialogic card then VoiceGuide should be ready to answer calls after installation, with the default Credit Card Payment demo script used when incoming calls are answered. We'd recommend using v7 instead of v6, v6 will soon stop being sold.

Have you confirmed that after v7 is installed the service is started? Do you see an "IVR" icon in the icons tray with a green arrow indicating that the service is started?

If you are still having problems please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces you find there.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.