VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Which Mysql Version To Use

Hi VoiceGuide support,

My company just bought a fully licensed Voiceguide software for VOIP. I will be using Mysql to make outside calls by running store procedure to insert rows into OutDialQue table. The server is a 64-bit. Can you recommend Mysql version over another that will be a breeze to configure with VG?

Thank you.

Any MySQL version is fine.

The SQL that ends up getting issued by VoiceGuide to backend databases is not complex and all database engine versions can handle it.

The configuration that needs to be done is also quite straightforward, with creation of database object and specifying the ADO.NET Connect string to it in VoiceGuide's Config.xml.

VoiceGuide will then run the SQL script that creates simple tables and indexes required in database (see in VoiceGuide's \System\setup\ subdirectory).

These tables and indexes can be created manually if desire - again,see the SQL script files which show what needs to be set up.

More information available here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm

Looking for the correct version of MySQL for the latest VG 7+. My OS is 64_86. Mysql requires to have Ado.Net connector for MySQL. MYSQL does not have 64 bit version of Ado.Net connector for MySQL. What versions of VG and Mysql and Ado connector should I install?

Thank you.

Have you tried using the Ado.Net connector that is available? The one connector will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit MySQL engine installations..

I am using Jboss and all code is in java . Currently I am calling stored procedure in Ms Sql to populate the OutDialQue table directly.

I will change Ms Sql to Mysql and use the same java code. Do I still use ADO connector, or ODBC connector with my java code?

Please advise,

Thank you,

I am using Jboss and all code is in java .

Do I still use ADO connector, or ODBC connector with my java code?

Sounds like you are trying to insert entries into VoiceGuide's database from some other external process.

Probably best to consult the JBoss documentation to see if any special database integration options are available to you in addition to the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API itself.

Connecting to database from that external process would be separate from how VoiceGuide connects to the database.

If you are having issues connecting to database from your process then we'd suggest creating a data file that has the details of the outgoing calls and forwarding that data file to VoiceGuide.

More details on loading calls using the file method are here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/outbound-ivr-dialer-introduction.htm#outdialfile