VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Say Number Play Before Number Using Tts

Is it possible to use text to speech in the "Play before saying number" portion of the Say Number module. I tried it but it didn't work. I assumed it would work the same as a Play Module's "Sound File to play" where you can specify a text file to use in the converison to speech. I'm just verifying because it might also be mistake on my part in setting up the module's property

You cannot specify text files in a Say Number module.

If you want to use TTS then just specify the entire sequence, (including the number to be spoken) in a Play module - the TTS will then say the number as well.

TTS’s can also interpret and speak out the numbers/dates/etc with more flexibility then the ‘Say Numbers’ module.

This will also sound better then jumping from TTS to pre-recorded sound fiels and back to TTS…

I do not want to use voice guides female voice in the "verify entered number" and "say date" module.

how can I use my tts voice for these modules ?

I am going to use AT&T natural voices. When I type in 1000 it speaks it out as One Thousand and not how I want it (each individual digit ): one zero zero zero.

When I type in somethng like: 02/01/2006, it speaks out fine: February 1st, Two thousand and six.

But I do not want the year, I just want 02/01. In that case it speaks: one-slash-two

can you please help me!

In the current version of VoiceGuide for Dialogic you should be able to specify text files to be used for the "before" and "after" the entered number is spoken back to caller (in the Get Numbers module).

To have the actual played back digits spoken back using TTS in the Get Numbers module you would need to replace the relevant files in the \system\voice\ subdirectory with the TTS generated files, or set $RV[DIRSYSTEMVOICE] to point to a new directory which contains the new TTS generated files.

Similar approach would be used to change the sound files used by the Say Numbers/Date/Time module.

As to how to get AT&T to speak out the data differently have a look in the AT&T help file for the various tags that yo can use within the data to get AT&T TTS to speak out the text in different ways. I think that there is something along the lines of a <digits> tag that would do what you need.