VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hunt Group Line Vs. T1 Line

Dear Support Person!

I have the option to go with "Hunt Group Phone Line" which is a system that rollover calls to an unbiussy line, my other option is to go with T1 line (more expenses).

Can you tell me please if "Hunt Group Phone Line" can work with VG as good as with T1 ?

Thanks, Amis

A hunt group is just a way the calls are to be handled. If you are talking about using regular analog lines as opposed to using a digital T1 circuit, then VG works with both.

They both will have a hunt group assigned to them to bump the call down to the next available line. Its just usually cheaper to have a T1 when you are getting 15-24 line range. Any less than that then just use analog.

Thanks,

i have VG 4 line and as soon as i get it working i'm planing to get the VG 16 line.

my Q is if my Dialogic card D/4pci can work with the VG 16 line connected to

"Hunt Group Line" or it must be connected to "T1 Line"?

The reason i'm asking this Q now, even though i dont have the 16 line yet, is because i need to order tomorrow from my phone company, either "Hunt Group Line" or "T1 Line".

Waiting for your answer

Thanks, Amis

VoiceGuide can work with either.

You can either go for the 16 analog lines set up by your phone company to be in one hunt group, or get a T1 connection.

If using 16 analog lines you’d just use four D4PCI cards, and when using a T1 line you'd need to get a D240JCT card.

For 16 lines I'd be inclined to order a T1 line - but make sure it's set up as 'ISDN' - not as 'Robbed Bit'. Robbed Bit installations are a lot harder to work with and debug.