VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Transfer Issue

I am having a problem when once the announced transfer has been initiated, and the person at the extention transfered to picks up, they have the call disconnected, and the calling party goes right into the voicemail box for that extention.

I looked to see if I had the PBX strings set up correctly, but even adding the 1 doesn't seem to help.

What does the caller hear on your system when the call is declined by the destination party?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Are you using a Voice modem or a Dialogic card? Which version of VoiceGuide are you running?

I am using the 4.8.45 Professional 4 line, and dialogic cards.

Can you let me know how I can attach a copy of the trace log, because I just can't get it figured out.

Thanks

When you have the trace saved to the file just attach the file to the post - when you are a registered user the "File Attachments" section will appear below "Enter your Post" section when you are writing the post...

Alternatively you can just cut and paste the relevant section of the trace directly into your post...

I am registered, but there is no File attachment section on here.

Sorry.

Once the call is transferred and they pick up, at the time she picks up, the call doesn't actually connect, so the transfered party can't talk . It goes into a transfered call recording.

I just want the call to connect when someone answered the phone, otehr wise go to either voicmail or the chosen fail path..

Thanks for th help.

14640 5 Timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

14640 5 LsXferStart EV_TIMEOUT_READYTOBEGINTRANSFER

14640 5 TimeoutSet 15 EV_TIMEOUT_ANNOUNCED_TRANSFER_ATTEMPT_TOOK_TOO_LONG

14640 5 [Melissa] Announced Transfer to 210 (Generate)

14650 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,!) => 0

15311 5 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

15311 5 TimeoutSet 1 EV_TAPI_GENERATE

15521 5 tapie monitordigits 66 2

15521 5 LsXferStart

15752 5 tapie monitordigits 65 2

15752 5 LsXferStart [A]

16252 5 Timer fired EV_TAPI_GENERATE

16252 5 LsXferStart EV_TAPI_GENERATE

16252 5 TimeoutSet 1 EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

17254 5 Timer fired EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

17254 5 LsXferPlayVts EV_HOOKFLASHFINISHED

17264 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,210) => 0

17684 5 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

17684 5 TimeoutSet 1 EV_TAPI_GENERATE

18125 5 tapie monitordigits 53 2

18125 5 LsXferPlayVts [5]

18666 5 Timer fired EV_TAPI_GENERATE

18666 5 LsXferPlayVts EV_TAPI_GENERATE

18666 5 fn PlaySoundStartNumbers TsfrCallFrom.wav, TsfrAskAccept.wav, , Digits

18666 5 twcal PlaySayNumber F:\VoiceGuide\system\voicedlgc\TsfrCallFrom.wav, F:\VoiceGuide\system\voicedlgc\TsfrAskAccept.wav, , , 1

18676 5 PlaySoundStartNumbers ok

18676 5 TimeoutClear

18676 5 wa(6926,71866601)

18686 5 tapie callinfo MONITORMODES

20268 5 tapie monitordigits 51 2

20268 5 LsXferPlayAnn [3]

20268 5 TimeoutSet 1 EV_PLAY_FINISHED

20318 5 PlaySoundStop ok

21220 5 Timer fired EV_PLAY_FINISHED

21220 5 LsXferPlayAnn EV_PLAY_FINISHED

21230 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,!) => 0

21891 5 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

21891 5 TimeoutSet 1 EV_TAPI_GENERATE

22832 5 Timer fired EV_TAPI_GENERATE

22832 5 LsXferPlayAnn EV_TAPI_GENERATE

22832 5 TimeoutClear

22832 5 TimeoutClear

22832 5 [210] Playing Welcome Message

22842 5 PlaySoundStart ok [F:\VoiceGuide\data\VmWelc\210.wav]

22842 5 TimeoutClear

22852 5 [210] Play welcome message

22852 5 wa(2556,72283200)

22852 5 tapie callinfo MONITORMODES

22852 5 tapie callinfo MONITORMODES

25406 5 wb(72283200)

25466 5 Play End line[5] (id=722832)

25466 5 LsVmLm_PlayWelc EV_PLAY_FINISHED

25476 5 PlaySoundStart ok [F:\VoiceGuide\system\voicedlgc\beep1.wav]

25476 5 TimeoutClear

25476 5 wa(186,72546600)

25476 5 tapie callinfo MONITORMODES

25476 5 tapie callinfo MONITORMODES

25676 5 wb(72546600)

25726 5 Play End line[5] (id=725466)

25726 5 LsVmLm_PlayWelc_Beep EV_PLAY_FINISHED

25756 5 RecSoundStart

The trace looks OK, it shows the call being declined and starting to play the welcome message from voicemail box 210:

22852 5 [210] Play welcome message

If the caller cannot hear this then this means that the hookflash (!) that VoiceGuide issued did not result in the on-hold call being retrieved... you should see what your PBX needs to receive in order to retrieve the current on-hold call - on most systems a single hookflash is all that is needed - but it looks like on your system it may be something else...

Can you do 'blind transfers' OK ?

When a person receiving an 'announced transfer' accepts the call I take it that the call is transferred to them OK?

Can you do the equivalent of an 'announced transfer' manually from an analog phone extension on your PBX? How do you retrive the on-hold call if you want to speak to caller again?

What PBX are you using?

BTW:

I was told the board software was now reconfigured and you should be able to now attach files - but posting traces directly into the message is much better anyway - everyone can see immediately what is going on..

Thanks.

The blind transfer worked just fine. I am using a Samsung Prostar.

I will mess around and see if I can get the flash hook info on it .

If the blind transfer works OK then this means you have the hookflash length set correctly - a blind transfer uses a hookflash before dialing the destination extension number...

Can you please describe exactly what happens on your system when the Announced Transfer is preformed:

1. Does the destination extension ring?

2. What does the caller hear when the transfer is started? Do they hear some 'on hold' music or do they hear something else?

3. When the destination to which the call is transferred is picked up what does the person answering the call hear? Can they hear VoiceGuide playing "...please press 1 to accept call..."?

4. If the call is accepted (1 is pressed) is the call connected? Can the two parties hear each other?

5. If the call is declined (any key other then 1 is pressed) what does the caller hear? Are they kept permanently on hold? Is their call abruptly hung up at this stage?

If you were to perform the announced transfer manually from analog extension o this phone system what would you need to press to complete the conference?

Can you please give us a step by step description on how you would transfer a call from one analog extension on this system to another - not a blind transfer - but a transfer where you speak with the person at the destination extension before completing the transfer....

This is what happens:

The destination extention will ring. The calling party hears an on hold "Beep Beep" while the call is ringing.

Once the destination extention picks up they hear the "This is a transferred call. Please press 1 to accept". Something like that.

Once that person presses 1 the call will be transfered.

I tried to change the PBX command string to a 1 to accept the transfered call, which I belive I read in the help section, but it isn't making a difference.

If another number is pressed from the destination ext. the call goes on hold for a few " Beep Beep's" then it is connected anyway.

On my phone system , the phone has a transfer button we hit while the caller is on the line, then dial the ext. # and hang up and the call is released and transfered to the ext.

Looks like retrieving the current 'on-hold' call is not working.

What do you press on your analog handset in order to retrieve an 'on-hold' call?

(VoiceGuide needs to press the same keys to retrieve the call...)

The "PBX command strings" are the control signals that VoiceGuide send to PBX - they are not used to specify that '1 is used to accept the call' - that is done in VoiceGuide itself.

If a call is on hold we can either pess the line appearance that it is holding on or press the hold button again. I am looking thru the manual to see how I could do this manually.

I would rather not have to press 1 to accept the transfered call and have it be an automatic process, but the system is working great other than this one little issue.

Thanks

When a call transfer is declined (your trace shows user at destination extension pressed 3):

20268 5 LsXferPlayAnn [3]

VoiceGuide is by default configured to issue a hookflash to retreive the call, and you can see this is getting done on your system as well:

21230 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,!) => 0

As the first hookflash successfully placed the call on hold on your system:

14650 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,!) => 0

before dialing the destination extension:

17264 5 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66133,210) => 0

It shows that the first hookflash was the correct length to place the call on hold, and as the second hookflash would be the same length I would have expected that it would work OK to retrieve the call - if a single hookflash is all that's needed on your system to retrieve an on-hold call....

As issuing a single hookflash does not result in the 'on-hold' call being retrieved I would double check if indeed your PBX expects just a single hookflash to retrieve the call...