VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Followup: Can Dh/2 Dialogic/vg Handoff To Winfax?

Support:

As a follow up to my previous post, I have a 2 port dialogic ISA card with VoiceGuide setup working rather well. We have a single regular POTS line coming into the dialogic card and the purpose of our system is to allow people to leave voicemail for people all over the State of Ohio. The messages are delivered via email only.

We would like to find a way to have calls handed off to WinFax Pro, and have WinFax pro send all of those faxes (via email) to a single person.

I am completely baffled as to how I go about detecting the fax tones here. Do I somehow have the Dialogic card look for them and choose if the call goes to VG or WinFax? (I tried to get WinFax to see the dialogic card and I can't see it as a TAPI modem there)

Where does the fax tone detection occur? Can VoiceGuide look for those tones while its playing the welcome greeting? Does it need to produce a "fake" ring and listen for the tone?

How do you tell VG to hand the call off to WinFax ?

The only complaint I have with VG is that these kind of issues don't exist in a well written manual. I think VG could be incredibly improved if someone would put together a PDF based users manual with a table of contents.

If someone can tell me the majority of the steps to make this work with WinFax, I would REALLY appreciate it.

WinFax can only be used for modems, it cannot control a Dialogic card.

Fax calls received on a Dialogic card cannot be handed of to a fax application.