VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Run Module

I am a novice user trying to create a module that will simply open internet explorer and go to a URL. The module doesn't have to read the website or look for any information. I just need to it to open the webpage and then close.

The reason why I need a module to do this is so I can call into my phone line and have the IVS access a cgi-script that will send out email to the email list.

I have tried to create a RUN module that runs: C:\iexplorer.exe http//:myurl.com. This line doesn't seem to do the job.

Any help or suggestions would be aprreciated.

Jon

I think the problem is that iexplore is not in your path... when you just type iexplore at the DOS command prompt does IE come up?

I'd try to specify the full path to iexplore.exe in the command line - on some systems that's:

C:\Program Files\Plus!\Microsoft Internet\IEXPLORE.EXE

but it may be different on yours, so I'd find that out first. Note that closing the iexplorer afterwards is a bit more tricky...

Alternative way:

There is a sample script supplied with VoiceGuide which reads stock market indicies from yahoo.com and then speaks them to the caller - have you had a look at it and can you perhaps adjust it to your needs? Reading a page using the VBScript like in that example will fire off the CGI as well...