VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem with VoiceGuide 4.9 VB Scripts

I am using IVG 4.8.45 previously and it is working fine. When I upgrade my program to VoiceGuide 4.9, The program crash during the vb script: C:\Program Files\ivg\data\vbs_0.vbs

Line: 4

Char: 1

Error: The specified procedure could not be found

Code: 8007007F

Source: (null)

Please help asap...

I have also tried uninstall the VoiceGuide4.9 version and reinstall back the IVG 4.8.45 version. but it still does not work.. the same problem still exist.!

Thanks.

That error message is from the Windows Scripting Host.

VoiceGuide itself is not crashing here, it's the VBScript that you are using in the Run VBS module that is giving you problems here...

VoiceGuide will not be affected by this error - after timing out awaiting for the VB Scripting host to finish running VoiceGuide will hang up the call and await further calls.

From the error message we see that the problem is on line 4 of your VB Script.

If you post your VB script here we can have a look at it and tell you what the problem is...

You could also post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will also allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

The voice guide 4.9 has a problem, it actually install a older version of windows scripting into our windows that has the latest window scripting.. therefore overwriting our later version of the windows scripting dlls that is why it is not working..

Please patch ur file and make sure your installation package has the latest version of windows scripting 5.6 in ur installation package...

After I figure out this problem all I have to do is just install windows scripting from http://www.mircosoft.com/scripting/

I was unable to bring up a page at the URL posted. I think I’m having similar issues. Can anyone else confirm and point me to the correct URL.

Thanks

VoiceGuide v4.9 distributes v5.5 of Windows Scripting. It is distributed as the original Microsoft install file - the same one that you can download from http://www.microsoft.com/scripting (previous link had spelling error)

VoiceGuide v4.8.45 also distributed v5.5 of Windows Scripting, so there should be no difference in the way that your VB Scripts are running if you upgrade from v4.8.45 to v4.9

If you can post the VB script that is giving you the problem then we can perhaps advise what the problem is.

We'll include 5.6 of Scripting in future releases of VoiceGuide. In the meantime to upgrade to v5.6 of Windows Scripting you can just download it from http://www.microsoft.com/scripting

It's not that much different from v5.5, so I'm curious to see what sort of VB Script works in v5.6 and does not in v5.5.