VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can Outbound Call Loader Queue Calls For Different Messages?

I have several different scripts that I need to run on the outbound call loader on the same day. Is it possible to set up one script and set of numbers for a specific time and then have another script and set of numbers loaded to call out later in the day? Even better, is there a way to load multiple scripts, each with a different set of numbers to call at the same time? There must be a way to make this more functional, as of this moment, the only way I only know how is to load one set of numbers for one script and if I want to change the script and number set I have to stop the previous script from running. Thanks for your time.

Is it possible to set up one script and set of numbers for a specific time and then have another script and set of numbers loaded to call out later in the day?

Yes. When loading calls you can specify the Activation Time. Just Load the first set of numbers with the script and activation time that applies to that set, and then load another set with the script and activation time that applies to that set.

Even better, is there a way to load multiple scripts, each with a different set of numbers to call at the same time?

Yes. each telephone number that you load into VoiceGuide can have its own script and activation time associated with it. Please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...iallistinto.htm

as of this moment, the only way I only know how is to load one set of numbers for one script and if I want to change the script and number set I have to stop the previous script from running.

None of the VoiceGuide versions limit you to like this. What led you to believe the you have to "stop the previous script from running" ? How do you "stop the previous script from running" anyway? Do you unload all the calls from the outbound calls database? You don't need to do that with VoiceGuide. You just load new calls with the scripts/times/etc that you want to use for those calls and VoiceGuide just makes the calls as they become due, and when the call is answered it starts the script that was specified to be used on that particular call.

How/where can I look up what scripts are currently running and what numbers are being dialed out to? For example; if I needed to add a number to a script that is already running, take a number off, or check to see if a number is on the call list. I read through the link you sent me on the previous post and I didn't see anything about this (I could have missed it though). Currently I load numbers and a script/s then press 'load phone numbers', if I want to start another script with other numbers I clear the previous numbers from the box or select another file of numbers, select another script then press 'load phone numbers'. How do I go back to see the first script I loaded?? I am relatively new to this program and I really appreciate your help.

How/where can I look up what scripts are currently running and what numbers are being dialed out to?

In VoiceGuide v7 the Line Status Monitor shows what script and what module etc. is used on each of the lines. In previous versions you would just see the module name currently executing on each line and what action in that module is currently being performed - but this should let you deduce which script is running.

To check what calls are queued to be made you would need to look through the outbound calls database. v7 lists the pending outbound calls on one of the tabs in the Telephone Number Loader app.

Currently I load numbers and a script/s then press 'load phone numbers', if I want to start another script with other numbers I clear the previous numbers from the box or select another file of numbers, select another script then press 'load phone numbers'. How do I go back to see the first script I loaded??

The calls to be made are now in the database. You can view the database fire directly (if you have the same appropriate database viewer installed). In v7 the pending outbound calls are shown on one of the tabs in the Telephone Number Loader app.

What database viewer do I need to have installed? As of now I have a file in \VoiceGuide\data named: vgDb but it opens under notepad and doesn't show anything that makes sense. There are a few other files: vgDB.vdb3$15360.vdb3lck (the others are the same but with different numbers in the file name). I cannot open these files so I'm guessing I don't have the necessary software installed. Is this where the database is located? Thanks

See the last tab in the Telephone Number Loader app. It will list all the queued calls.