VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sending And Receiveing Faxes

I have currently only used Voiceguide to send out automated messages to phone lines and have an automated call-in line where people punch in daily numbers. I would like to start sending and receiving faxes using voiceguide and was wondering what program I should use. And to receive faxes does the document have to be in .tiff format or can it be in PDF as well? I did look at the introduction to faxes on your web page but there wasn't much detail there, if there is another place to look for more information that would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

VoiceGuide v7 can send and receive faxes. The Dialogic card must support Fax. Which Dialogic card are you using?

And to receive faxes does the document have to be in .tiff format or can it be in PDF as well?

You can specify a .tif or a .pdf file suffix in the record module. The PDF file will be always created.

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/fax_intro.htm :

Record module can be used to receive a fax. To make the Record module receive a fax just specify the filename to end in .tif suffix. The Record module will begin fax reception immediately if a .tif target file is specified.

After receiving the fax VoiceGuide will create a PDF version of the received fax, and will also perform OCR on the fax and scan the fax for any barcodes. The OCR text and text from decoded barcodes is then stored as Result Variables. During OCR VoiceGuide will also try to identify the "To:" and "From:" fields and make the text that follows them available through Result Variables as well. VoiceGuide will also save the fax header line as a separate Result Variable.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

What interface/program should I use for sending and receiving faxes? Our dialogic card does support fax.

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/fax_intro.htm :

Sending Fax

A Play module can be used to send a fax. Just specify a PDF or TIFF or JPEG file as the file to be "played" by a Play module. The Play module will begin fax transmission immediately if a .tif/.tiff/.pdf/.jpg source file is specified.

and

Receiving Fax

A Record module can be used to receive a fax. To make the Record module receive a fax just specify the filename to end in .tif suffix. The Record module will begin fax reception immediately if a .tif target file is specified.