VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Incoming Calls Do Not Trigger Voiceguide

:wacko: Hi:

VG_log_files.zip

I am using VoiceGuide (Demo Version 7) and have a problem. I am using a Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz CPU, 1.25 GB Ram, Broadband Internet, VOIP Provider: VOIPYOURLIFE, and Ethernet Card 10/100/1000. I tested the VOIP line with a regular phone and works perfect. I installed HMP3.0, got the license and then installed Voiceguide and changed the Config file (attached). It all looks fine and running, but when I call my VOIP telephone I don’t get a connection with Voiceguide. Apparently it tries to start, but there is something missing… Attached you will find the log files VG creates and the config file I edited. Oh, when I check the line status in the taskbar I have 2 lines "waiting for a call" is that normal? See files Attached. Thanks in advance...

Traces show that the HMP reports that the 4 port HMP license has been applied, but then HMP responds with errors when lines 2,3,4 are opened.

The registration with sip.voipyourphone.com appears to be fine, but traces do ot show any incoming calls.

We would next need to see a WireShark trace capturing system startup and the incoming call to confirm if the external VoIP calls are arriving on this system.

Traces show that the HMP reports that the 4 port HMP license has been applied, but then HMP responds with errors when lines 2,3,4 are opened.

The registration with sip.voipyourphone.com appears to be fine, but traces do ot show any incoming calls.

We would next need to see a WireShark trace capturing system startup and the incoming call to confirm if the external VoIP calls are arriving on this system.

Thanks for your response.

When I go to "Lines" in the taskbar it shows 2 lines "waiting for a call" I don't know if it should show 4 instead. Testing the system I turned off one of the two lines (didn't know what I was doing). How do I open the other 2 missing? Where do I get the WireShark trace?

As the HMP responds with errors when lines 2,3,4 are opened then those lines are not considered active by VoiceGuide and some of them may not be displayed in the Line Status.

You need to establish why the HMP is not working as expected.

Which version of Windows and service pack etc are you running on this system?

Where do I get the WireShark trace?

You need to install WireShark. see www.wireshark.org

WinXP should be fine, so I'm not sure why HMP is not opening the channels when requested.

The only thing that we can suggest is to re-install HMP and see if that fixes things.

Have you tried placing calls into system by just directly dialing its IP address from softphone or VoIP handset on the same LAN?

WinXP should be fine, so I'm not sure why HMP is not opening the channels when requested.

The only thing that we can suggest is to re-install HMP and see if that fixes things.

Have you tried placing calls into system by just directly dialing its IP address from softphone or VoIP handset on the same LAN?

I uninstalled hmp and reinstalled it but I get the same. Installed a softphone and tried dialing out and gives me a busy tone and hamgs up.... :blink:

Installed a softphone and tried dialing out and gives me a busy tone and hamgs up....

With VoIP you need to configure any routers/gateways/ADSLmodems/etc that are used to ensure the VoIP messages are correctly forwarded. That's why VoIP is harder to setup then normal telephone lines (which just work when you plug them in).

I installed The WireShark. What do I do now?

Start the WireShark and start capturing the Ethernet interface trace, then start VoiceGuide and try making some calls.

The trace does not show any SIP related packets being sent or received.

Looks like the VoIP call that you are making is not even reaching the system on which VoiceGuide is installed.

The trace does not show any SIP related packets being sent or received.

Looks like the VoIP call that you are making is not even reaching the system on which VoiceGuide is installed.

What should I do next?

yes. I made a call from the same computer while running hmp & vg. Using a softphone I dialed the ip address, rings once and then gives me a busy tone... Also, tried running the Global Call Demo from Dialogic and the dos screen runs really fast and closes.

:wacko:

I made a call from the same computer while running hmp

Calling from the same computer would not work. You'd need to make the call from another computer on the same LAN, or from a VoIP handset.

I made a call from the same computer while running hmp

Calling from the same computer would not work. You'd need to make the call from another computer on the same LAN, or from a VoIP handset.

This is getting complicated now...

I don't know if uninstalling HMP and VG and reinstalling them will do the trick. Although I did it once already...

I installed FrameWork 2.0 and 3.0 on my pc. With my VOIP and Broadband connected (don't know if it matters), I installed HMP 3.0, downloaded the license and activated it. Then installed VG, changed the Config which you saw and found to be ok. Copied the VG scripts to the right location and tried to run the system. After several attempts, I uninstalled HMP and VG again. Installed HMP3.0 again using the license it puts under the folder, activated it in the window that pops up with a Key Logo, reinstalled VG, copied edited Config, copied the VG scripts and tried again to run the system. It shows two lines under LIne Status instead of 4. Is there anything in the configuration of HMP I should look at that could be causing the problem? Could it be the Settings of my Ethernet Card? Could it be a firewall? Could the license not be activated properly? Know that I am not an expert like you guys and might be doing something wrong when configuring the programs. I feel like I'm going in circles and really need to start this system....

Your Help is Greatly Appreciated.

Installed HMP3.0 again using the license it puts under the folder,

That is a 1 line license. You need to download the 4 port evaluation license from the Dialogic's HMP download page.

You will then need to test by placing calls from another system (if using softphone) or by using a VoIP handset and dialing the IP address of the HMP system directly.

Installed HMP3.0 again using the license it puts under the folder,

That is a 1 line license. You need to download the 4 port evaluation license from the Dialogic's HMP download page.

You will then need to test by placing calls from another system (if using softphone) or by using a VoIP handset and dialing the IP address of the HMP system directly.

I installed a softphone, made calls outside and received calls perfect. I've noticed that when I use the Dialogic IP Media Server Demo it gives me an error having to do with an IPT Board. Could these be what is causing the problem? How do I fix it? I am sending you an image with the screen I get...

post-3139-1215012413_thumb.jpg

I've noticed that when I use the Dialogic IP Media Server Demo it gives me an error having to do with an IPT Board.

This suggests that HMP is not installed properly on your system.

Did you get any error messages when installing HMP?

I'd try re-installing HMP and trying the demo app again.

I've reinstalled HMP many times, but it doesn't fix the problem. After the last installation, it gave me an error the first three times I tried to run it. A window came up which said something like "Unable to run Dialogic". After that I was able to run it and it shows four lines "waiting for a call", but doesn't pickup the calls. I was wondering if maybe the Broadband (6mbps) I have with Comcast is enough for this system to work. Would a physical dialogic card solve the problem, or must likely no?

Setting up physical Dialogic cards is easier then setting up HMP. If you can use the physical Dialogic card with normal analog lines then that would be a lot easier to setup then HMP.

How about the speed of Comcast Broadband (6mbps). Would that be considered T1? I would really prefer to use VOIP. I meant a VOIP Telephony Card.

You have to decide for yourself whether your IP connection will give you good enough VoIP connectivity performance for the number of lines you want to run.

Our advice is if you are not an expert at IP networking then do not attempt to roll out a multiline VoIP system.

If you want to run a service that has 10+ lines then we'd recommend getting a T1 ISDN or an E1 ISDN line.