VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Results Files And Multiple Lines

Hi,

I am new to this product and have what may be a very simple question.

I want clarification on the data transfer mechanism between an external program called using 'Run Program' and the IVR workflow. Is there any documentation on this?

In the 'credit card' example VB script there is the following:

filename = "VGRUNRESULT_$RV_DEVICEID.TXT"\

what does $RV_DEVICEID refer to?

I am guessing that this is a unique identifier for each workflow instance which must be passed to the external program in order that it can create the correct filename for its return data. If this is the case what happens if you want to run call 2 external programs in parallel?

This leads me to my second question which is:

When there is more than one caller on the line at the same time, i.e. more than one instance of your IVR workflow is running simultaneously how do you identify between them?

Cheers,

Colin

Have you read the Help file's sections on Run Program and Run VB Script modules?

$RV_DEVICEID is the 'Line ID' of the line which is handling this call - it is described in the 'Result Variables' section of the Help files.

Your statement :

I am guessing that this is a unique identifier for each workflow instance which must be passed to the external program in order that it can create the correct filename for its return data. If this is the case what happens if you want to run call 2 external programs in parallel?

is correct.

There can never be 'more than one caller on the line at the same time' - just like on your telephone handset - the telephone handset can only be plugged into one telephone line...