VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wav & Tts Questions

Hi,

I was trying to create a new Voice file (wav) and although it seems to have been created when I try to use it inside the VoiceGuide script it doesn't work. We had to reinstall the VoiceGuide on another machine within the last year (I believe). This may have something to do with it. I reinstalled the Speech SDK. Also, the Microsoft Sam voice seems to be missing from the list when I try to create a new wav file. Is this a licensing issue? Do I need to add something to the registry for it to work?

Thanks,

David

Could you please .ZIP up and post the .WAV file that was created.

Was that .WAV file created using a TTS engine? Cold you please advise which TTS engine was used and what tool was used to create the .WAV file?

I used the TTSAppVB application in the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 to create the file...

The error I received was "Save to Wave file Error: File name or class name not found during Automation operation"

The only one that seems to work is "Microsoft Anna", Mary and Mike don't work. The "Sample" voice only says "blah" (I think).

"Microsoft Sam" is not an option. I believe however that the client paid for that volce along time ago...

So the TTSAppVB demo app from the SAPI SDK is generating a file when "Microsoft Anna" voice is selected, but not giving an error when other voices ("Mary" and "Mike") are selected. Yes?

Could you please .ZIP up and post the .WAV file that was created on your system by the TTSAppVB demo app using the "Microsoft Anna" voice ?

Could you please describe which Windows version is used on this system. is it a fresh 'clean' install ?

It created a file when I used the Microsoft Anna voice, but gives me a error on the others.

The system is Windows 7 Pro - 64 Bit version.

The old system died and I had to install all of the software on this machine.