VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Unique System Identifier

Technical Support,

The VG USI is based on the NIC's MAC address and uses the system's HD serial number if a NIC is unavailable. Also, I am aware that you recommend using a USB to Ethernet Network adaptor if moving VoiceGuide between different systems is a frequent necessity.

On average, my organization replaces their systems every three years and would like to know if a simpler registration scheme is being implemented.

In a previous posting, I read that VoiceGuide registration will soon make use of the Dialogic card to make moving licenses a lot simpler. Another posting indicated that a software dongle is being considered.

Has any of the above (or similar) architectures been developed? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chen

Soon a Unique ID tied to the Dialogic card will be implemented (will be used if a Dialogic card is present in the system - else NIC's MAC address etc will be used).

The 'software dongle' approach will not be used.

When will the Dialogic card approach be implemented (estimate)?

Probably around 3 months.

If my organization purchases a license for VoiceGuide at this time (using the NIC's MAC address as the USI), will an upgrade/patch (or similar alternative) be available to integrate the USI with our Dialogic card? Thanks.

Yes. We will convert your licenses over to be linked to the Dialogic card instead when that becomes available.

In the latest version of VoiceGuide, linking the USI to the Dialogic card has become available. How do I go about converting my current license (NIC) to one that will use the Dialogic card as the USI? Thanks.

Just send an email to support@katalinatech.com stating the name and company for whom the previous license was issued and the 8 digit Dialogic based ID.