VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outdial.mdb Sorting Issues

I am loading call information from an Access database. This occurs at least twice a day. The database contains information about when the person to be called wants the calls to occur.

The problem occurs when I have entered a group of calls in the first load, then enter a second group. Calls in the second load that are scheduled before, the last time to be called in the first load, must wait until the last call from the first group is completed. Is there a way to have the OutDial.mdb prioritize calls based upon preferred call start time? Can I manually sort the list based on call start time right after loading Outdial.mdb without messing up the calls?

Is there a way to have the OutDial.mdb prioritize calls based upon preferred call start time?

The Call Priority level can be set on the "Dialing Times" tab, and also specified using the iPriority field. From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/DialListInto.htm :

iPriority

At what priority level the calls should be made. A lower number indicates a higher priority. ie: 1 is the highest priority, then 2 etc etc. Number of priority levels is unlimited.

And of course there is a field storing this priority level for each call inside the OutDial database...

post-2-1110930620.gif