VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Playing A Message To The Caller

Hello Support,

I made a script to make callers enter a number.

They hear a message which is saying that they must now enter their number. (INTRO.wav)

After that they must enter their number (GET-PROBNR)

on success script is going to the Eval1 module. on the script also going to the Eval1 module.

1)

how can I configure the script to play this to the caller when the caller did not enter a number?:

"Hello, You have not enter a number yet. please enter your a number"

How the system is getting the information that the caller did not enter anything??

If the caller enter a number but not end with a #.

2) How do you configure that in the script?

I send you my script.

Thank you in advanced.

evaluate.vgs

how can I configure the script to play this to the caller when the caller did not enter a number?:
Use the "on Fail" path. As per instructions in Help file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/modGetNumber.htm
Fail Path

Taken if the caller has not pressed any number keys at all, ie. caller just presses the "#" key or VoiceGuide times out awaiting first key.

If the 'Fail' path is not defined then the system will hang up the call.

You could also use a Timeout path. If the timeout path is taken and the RV set by the module does not contain any digits then this indicates that caller did not even press the "#' key.

Hi Support,

If the caller pressed a number for example: 456232 but he /she did not confirm.

How can I configure the system to play: press a # key or don't forget the # key.

Thank you

If the # key is not pressed then the Timeout path will be taken. Point that path to a Play module which will play your reminder message.

Usually though the pressing of # is not enforced. If caller entered valid data then just go ahead and use the data entered...

Hello Support,

I made another script.

The system is doing everything.

When the caller don't press a key, Message: "No input. Try it again"

I put a fail pathe in module 2 to test the system but the system doesn't take the fail path

When the caller pressed any keys but don't confirm, the system is saying: "No input"

This is not true.

I allready asked such a question about how does the system noticed that a caller had pressed numbers but he/she don't give a confirmation?

Here is my script.

Thank you in advanced

Evalution.vgs

I put a fail pathe in module 2 to test the system but the system doesn't take the fail path

When the caller pressed any keys but don't confirm, the system is saying: "No input"

This is not true.

Are you referring to module [Enter your 2Nr] ?

That module has a path "on {timeout 10} goto [Check retries2]" from it - and that path will be taken when there is a timeout awaiting input - but you should have a closer look at the 'Evaluate Expression' module [Check retries2] - it has a path in it which points to [No input2]... - that path should probably not be there...

how does the system noticed that a caller had pressed numbers but he/she don't give a confirmation?
If the # key is not pressed then the Timeout path will be taken.

Hello Support,

Thank you.

It is clear that the fail path will be taken if the caller don't press a key.

It is also clear that the system also will take the fail path if the caller press any keys but doesnt confirm.

This is not clear:

If the caller entered any keys but does not pressed the # key.

Is it posible to tell the caller at that time: "Press now the # key" ??

Is this kind of operation posible?

(only if the caller pressed any keys ?)

Why this?

If the caller forgot to press the # key by telling this to the caller he/she will be reminded.

Thank you

It is also clear that the system also will take the fail path if the caller press any keys but doesnt confirm.
A Timeout path will be taken if caller presses some keys but does not press # at end.

Why in your script is it necessary for caller to press the # key after entering the number? You will still have access to the number they entered regardless of whether they press # at end or whether they wait till module times out...

You can add modules to detect a situation in which the caller presses some numbers but does not press the #, but what is it going to achieve to then play "Press #" to them and then wait for them till they press # ?

Ok that is a good question.

I think that it should be good if the caller press # to confirm.

If the caller press # then the system will play back the entered numbers.

I don't know if there is an other way (without pressing #) to play the entered numbers to the caller.

I allways did this with # and after pressing # I can hear the system playing my entered numbers.

Is there an other way?

Thank you.

I don't know if there is an other way (without pressing #) to play the entered numbers to the caller.

Just point the Timeout path to the same module where the Success path points to...

Actually you probalby do not need even need to specify the Timeout path as the Success path will be taken anyway if the Timeout path has not been specified (and caller has pressed some numbers).

Hello Support,

I modify the script and now the system is playing the entered numbers to the caller and it is asking to confirm (after the caller pressed any numbers).

Thank you for your guide.