VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide 7.0.5 - An Unhandled Exception On Service Start

I installed Dialogic D4PCI-UFWEU card and System Release 6.0 Service Update 181. DCM found this card and started it.

Then I installed Voiceguide 7.0.5 (trial) and in the end of process (window with "Finish" button), I got a message from debugger "An unhandled exception ('System.ArgumentException') occured in vgIvrService.exe". I tried to start Voiceguide service manually and got such an error.

I found two errors in Application Event log (Voiceguide event Log is empty) - in attachments

If I uninstall 7.0.5 and install 6.0.0.3379, it works well.

What's wrong with 7th version?

My system is Win2003 Server Ent SP2, MS SQL Server 2005 Standart, Net 2.0, Net 3.0

Thanks

post-2507-1204038970_thumb.jpg

post-2507-1204038976_thumb.jpg

Did any logs get created in VG's \log\ subdirectory?

Please check if the Windows' Event Logs are set to "Overwrite if needed". This error can occur if the Event Logs are full and new information cannot be written into them.

There were no logs in \log\ subdirectory. Windows' Event Logs were set up to "Overwrite if needed".

Maybe the problem is that Voiceguide 7 is incompatible with Windows Server 2003 with MS MSSQL 2005 installed? Have you ever tried it in such environment?

I erased everything and installed Dialogic 6.0 and VG 7 on clean Windows XP instead. Now it works.

Windows Server 2003 + MS MSSQL 2005 is a very common setup.

If you can setup access tom this machine using www.logmein.com then we can have a quick look at it to see what is happening.

Please email login details to support@voiceguide.com, and include a link in your email to this thread.

I've already told :) I erased everything and installed Dialogic 6.0 and VG 7 on clean Windows XP.

I'll try to install again Win2003+SQL2005 and VG7, if you say your product work in such environment. Maybe something destroyed after I upgraded Dialogic from 5.1.1 to 6.0 and Voiceguide from 6.0 to 7.0.5

OK, looks like we overlooked that last sentence 3 posts back.

Win2003+SQL2005 is fine - we have it one of our test systems here. Make sure to use the SR6.0 as specified next to the Download (SR6.0 SU181 for the current VG v7 release)

I've tried Win2003+SQL2005 and now it works.

But I think the installation order is important:

1. I installed Win2003 + NET 3.0 + Dialogic 6.0 + Voiceguide 7.0.0.5. It worked.

2. I added SQL 2005 and there were some problems with services (SQL and Dialogic). They became to hang up.

3. I stopped SQL services, uninstalled and installed Dialogic 6.0 and Voiceguide 7.0.0.5, then started SQL. System became stable.

So I think right installation order is: Win2003 - NET 3.0 - SQL 2005 - Dialogic 6.0 - Voiceguide 7.0.0.5