VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Designer Not Showing Query

I have a strange situation. I have voiceguide installed on two differemt machines. One is the production voiceguide, regularlu licensed. The other one is a development install, using demo version. This second demo version I just use to use script designer ... since VG it is not even configured to answer not there is dialogic installed.

Well the problem is that when I pass (mean copy file)the VGS file from computer 1 (the production one) to computer 2( the development one), I can not anymore read the SQL Query field in DB modules. On the original VGS on computer 1 I canb see it perfectly, on th VGS comy in computer too this field appears to be empty.

Any suggestion ??

Thanks

Are you using exact same versions of script designer and VoiceGuide software on both systems?

There has been recent patch to Script Designer and the way it displays SQL queries - so mayby you have on one systme the version with the patch and on the other system the version that does not have a patch.

Indeed. I did install in the production a new release you did send me, which i did not install in the development machine. Installed there too and now I can see everything ... :-)

We've noted something similar.

The latest version of script designer appears to be pre-pending a line feed to the SQL Query.

We noted this when we opened an old script and made an unrelated change (queries stopped working). Upon investigation we found all query modules had line feeds in front of the query.

To confirm this we created a new VGS file from within the new script designer which also prepended line feed, see attached.

Script editor version from Help, About: 6.0.3101

test.vgs

Scripts saved with a new version of version of Script Designer may not necessarily be able to be opened or read properly with older versions of Script Designer afterwards. And if file is not read in property, then saving this 'not fully read-in' version will result in script problems.

Eg. script saved with v6.0.3101 script designer may not be read in properly by the older v6.0.3099 script designer. Saving an improperly read in file will result in the new file version not containing the bits that were not properly read in in the first place.

If multiple Script Designer installations are used to edit the same script then the Script Designer versions installed on the various systems should match.

The example we attached was created and opened only with V6.0.3101 and then opened and examined using notepad (without saving), There still appears to be a prepended line feed in front of the SQL statement.

v6.0.3101 script designer saves the SQL strings in that way.

VoiceGuide versions in same distribution as v6.0.3101 script designer can read this save format fine.