VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Stuck On Play Module

There has been an issue with blank calls going out from our accounts. While looking at the line status monitor for voiceguide today, we noticed there was one particular line that was continually looping through a wav file. So I guess my question would be, how does voiceguide configure what line to put to what call? Is there an algorythm that processes the call fetching or does it go based off the information the database sends to voiceguide? And is there a way to check the phone number associated with the device that makes the call?

we noticed there was one particular line that was continually looping through a wav file.

This is most likely happening because the script was set up to do that.

Could you please post the vgEngine trace from the system that covers that time, and indicate on what line you observed this happening on. (or what was the sound file)

We can then see in the trace what was happening in the script running on that line.

The trace files are created by VoiceGuide in the \log\ sub-directory.

So I guess my question would be, how does voiceguide configure what line to put to what call?

It is possible to specify for each individual call what lines can be used when placing that call, and it is also possible to set in Config.xml which lines the system enables for outbound calling.

The line that is used to place then call is the first available line from the lines that are thus specified/enabled.

If there are no limitations placed on what lines can be used, then the first available line on the system is used.

And is there a way to check the phone number associated with the device that makes the call?

Are you referring to the CallerID that the Telco sends with the outgoing call, or the telephone number dialed?

The number that is being dialed is shown on the live status screen at dialing time and can be accessed in the script itself using $RV_DIALEDNUMBER and is of course saved in the log and CDR files etc.

For CallerID:

On ISDN and VoIP systems you can set the CallerID on the outgoing call (your Telco will then chose whether to use your CallerID value or use its own CallerID instead)

On analog lines the CallerId is assigned by Telco per line - its just the telephone number of that line.

Please contact support@voiceguide.com directly if you would like to set up a direct support session.

An online meeting with access to your dialer system may be quickest way of answering the types of questions that you have and demonstrating where the various log files etc.are.

Here is the example from our vgEngine:

1). 101354.111 11

db PerformWork_RunCoreSql assign sql

db PerformWork_RunCoreSql ExecuteNonQuery call: INSERT INTO cdrout (Account, Src, Dst, Dcontext, Clid, Channel, Dstchannel, Lastapp, Lastdata, dtStart, dtAnswer, dtHangup, Duration, Billsec, Disposition, Amaflags, Usr)
VALUES ('','13016689707','13015087065','','','','','c:\voiceguide\Scripts\human19866.vgs','<accountid>19866</accountid><callid>ECBFDBEE-8058-3295-6A5E-3F252E4AA43E</callid><dname>Frederick Foot and Ankle </dname><pname>JOHN DOE</pname><xfernumber>1123456789</xfernumber><appdate>Monday July 25</appdate><appdateSP>Lunes Julio 25</appdateSP><apptime>12:00 PM</apptime><officephone>three, zero, one, six, six, eight, nine, seven, zero, seven,</officephone><officephoneSP>tres, cero, uno, seis, seis, ocho, nueve, siete, cero, siete,</officephoneSP><provideraudio>C:\voiceguide\Sounds\19866\terol.wav</provideraudio><provideraudioSP></provideraudioSP><greeting1></greeting1><specialaudio></specialaudio><locationaudio></locationaudio><locationaudioSP></locationaudioSP><specialaudios></specialaudios><ttslocation>at our URBANA location</ttslocation><ttslocationSP>en nuestra URBANA localidad</ttslocationSP><ttsprovider>with Doctor TEROL</ttsprovider><ttsproviderSP>con el doctor TEROL</ttsproviderSP><special></special><specialSP></specialSP><ttsAddress>Located at the Urbana office</ttsAddress><ttsAddressSP></ttsAddressSP><OutDial_RetriesLeft>1</OutDial_RetriesLeft><OutDial_CampaignName></OutDial_CampaignName><OutDial_ID>5966236</OutDial_ID><OutDial_GUID>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</OutDial_GUID><STARTTIME>2016-07-21 09:15:57</STARTTIME><DEVICEID>25</DEVICEID><DlgcVoice>dxxxB3C1</DlgcVoice><DlgcNetwork>dtiB1T9</DlgcNetwork><CIDNAME></CIDNAME><DNIS></DNIS><ISDN_SETUP></ISDN_SETUP><DIALEDNUMBER>19999999999</DIALEDNUMBER><ScriptStart_Time>2016-07-21 09:15:57</ScriptStart_Time><ScriptStart_CalledFrom_Module>Hangup</ScriptStart_CalledFrom_Module><Hangup Source>LineEvCallState_DISCONNECTED</Hangup Source><Hangup Source>Hangup Module</Hangup Source><DropCall_Source>Hangup</DropCall_Source><CallHangupTime>2016-07-21 10:13:54</CallHangupTime>','2016-07-21 09:15:37','2016-07-21 09:15:57','2016-07-21 10:13:54',3497,3476,'ANSWERED_LIVE','','')
Our problems stems from the bolded, underlined and amber colored text. Please see above for example for question 1.
I think that questions 2 and 3 can be answered by rephrasing my original question:
This question will be two part:
1.) Lets say we have 10 lines we are coding to make outbound calls, then we push 10 clients with 2 lines each assigned to make their outbound calls. Would all the calls get cued in the first 2 of the 10 lines, or will voiceguide recognize the increase in the calls queued and move the remaining calls to lines 3-10?
2.) I am not referring to the CallerID, I'm referring to the algorithm that links our line devises (these are named dxxxB3C1 and dtiB1T9 in the above example) to voiceguide's ability to make outbound calls and how is that configured?
When I looked in out Config file you mentioned above, it just gave a link to a script that gets credit card information. Is that where we get charged from our carrier the outbound calls we make?
Thank you for your help.

Posted trace excerpt shows a CDR record being created for an outgoing call to 13015087065. The call was dialed at 2016-07-21 09:15:37, answered at 2016-07-21 09:15:57, detected as being answered by a live person, and call completed at 2016-07-21 10:13:54.

Trace except does not show what happened during the call.

We would need to see the entire vgEngine trace from 2016-07-21 09:15:37 till 2016-07-21 10:13:54, and possibly the script used as well, to be able to advise what happened during the call.

Please .ZIP up the vgEngine trace(s) that cover that time and post them here and we can then advise what we can see happened on that call.

1.) Lets say we have 10 lines we are coding to make outbound calls, then we push 10 clients with 2 lines each assigned to make their outbound calls. Would all the calls get cued in the first 2 of the 10 lines, or will voiceguide recognize the increase in the calls queued and move the remaining calls to lines 3-10?

If only 2 lines are set to allow the outgoing calls the only those 2 lines will be used to make the calls. VoiceGuide will only make the outgoing calls on the lines that are set to allow the outgoing calls out on.

If you would like for all 10 lines to be able to make the outgoing calls then you need to ensure that outgoing calls are allowed on all 10 lines.

2.) I am not referring to the CallerID, I'm referring to the algorithm that links our line devises (these are named dxxxB3C1 and dtiB1T9 in the above example) to voiceguide's ability to make outbound calls and how is that configured?

If there is an outgoing call to be made, and there is a line available to make the call out on, then the call will be made on that line.

VoiceGuide just looks for first available line and make the call on that line. There is no need to configure anything to make that work. VoiceGuide will always react to new outgoing calls loaded, choose the first available line, and place the call out on it.

When I looked in out Config file you mentioned above, it just gave a link to a script that gets credit card information. Is that where we get charged from our carrier the outbound calls we make?

What you are probably referring to is the demo script that is by default used when incoming calls are answered.

If you can post the Config.xml file here we can confirm what is in it.

(Please .ZIP up all files before posting)

I have attached a zip folder of the log file in this comment. Based on the series of questions in this thread, can we please answer the two questions that were asked in the previous thread?

4-22_vgEngineSnip.zip

The above attached trace excerpt has about half a second of logging - from 09:26:22.023 to 09:26:22.493 and captures a time when a call was retrieved from database and dialed.

The above attached trace excerpt is for a call made on 22nd April (at 09:26:22.045).

The excerpt previously posted here was for a call from 21st July (at 10:13:54.111).

So the two excerpts are for two different calls, made on two different days.

To be able to comment what has happened during any call we would need to see the trace for the entire length of that call - from the time the call was dialed to the time the call ended - and everything in between.

As advised previously for the previously posted excerpt here :

We would need to see the entire vgEngine trace from 2016-07-21 09:15:37 till 2016-07-21 10:13:54, and possibly the script used as well, to be able to advise what happened during the call.

can we please answer the two questions that were asked in the previous thread?

Could you please advise what other two questions you are referring to, or (better) please post a followup question in that other thread.