VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Better Audio Quality

I am looking for assistance in getting better audio quality. I am currently using cool edit and the files still sound grainy when I record or convert to 11025 mono 8. Can you give any suggestions on how to have a clean sounding file.

Your female voice files sound great. Is there a secret?

Thanks in advanced.

-Brandon

I don't know if it will help, but it says in the instructions:

"VoiceGuide comes with a number of pre-recorded system files. These files are located in the /system/voice directory. The sound files shipped with Interactive Voice Guide are recorded in the 8000Hz, 16bit, Mono format."

I hope that helps. :^)

Quite often the microphone used introduces noise - getting a good quality microphone is a good start.

Sometimes the electromagnetic interference inside the computer introduces noise as well - so some computers will never give you very good sound quality...

You can play around with filters and other post-processing tools that cooledit provides to try to reduce the presence of noise...

Its pretty hard to get studio quality recording using an average PC and microphone - that is why studios recording the messages on hold are still in business....

Will 16 bit recording work on a dialogic proline 2v. I have been using 8 bit and that is where the noise is generated.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Sorry- I just read the message above again and noticed 8000hz at 16 bit. I have been recording at 11025 at 8 bit. Will 8000hz 16 bit recording work with the proline 2v?

-Brandon

8000hz 16 bit is the format that should be used for modems - for Dialogic cards you must use 11025Hz 8bit Mono.

You can record in 16bit and then using a sound editor (eg CoolEdit) covert the wave file to 8 bit - little noise should be introduced during 16bit->8bit conversion, but you will hear a difference in quality.

If you want to have studio quality sound files (like the ones which ship with VoiceGuide) the you probably need to have them recorded in a sound studio by a professional 'voice talent'...

I recorded some wave files in 8000hz 16bit Mono format but the VoiceGuide can't play them out correctly.

SupportTeam, do you know why?

I use CoolEditPro to exmine my wave files and compare them with those system wave files. I find the wave form of system files all position on the zero hz while my files are on about 18000 hz. Is this the difference that causes my wave can't be played correctly? If yes, what should i do?

Pls help.

I would try opening one of the sound files which ships with VoiceGuide and recording into it - that way the original correct format of the sound file will be retained and you will be able to save the file in correct format and then play it...