VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Mail Manager "run Command"

I'd like to have the voice mail manager run a Rich Text Format (.rtf) file after it receives a message(s) to alert someone a message was left. I've tried using the run command on the add/modify tab, and on the FTP tab without success. There's no documentation on how to use these features.

Can I run a .bat file using these commands? Will the run command in the Add/Modify tab allow a different batch file for each mailbox? Does the run command on the FTP tab run the same command no matter which mailbox gets a message? If these features do not work in that way, any suggestions on how I can have notepad come up with a message indicating there are new messages waiting? Thanks.

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Can I run a .bat file using these commands?
Yes.

Will the run command in the Add/Modify tab allow a different batch file for each mailbox?
Yes.

Does the run command on the FTP tab run the same command no matter which mailbox gets a message?
Yes.

Can you post the VoiceGuide Event Log from your system which captures a recording of a new voicemail message?

I'm using version 4.9 I believe.

I have it set up instructing people to press zero after they leave a message to get back into the modules. Would that affect the run command from executing? Also, does the run command execute files in the Voice Guide root directory, or in the scripts directory? I've tried both and also putting in the complete path.

I'll try to post an Event log as soon as possible.