VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Isdn & Phone System

We currently utilise 4 isdn lines via a telephone system. We are looking at integrating voicemail and IVR and are currently unsure of the options available.

Can VoiceGuide be integrated with our existing phone system to allow calls to be answered, screened then possibly forwarded through to an operator for further assistence ?

If using 4 lines does that mean we would require 4 PCs and 4 modems and how does the VoiceGuide system integrate with the existing phone system for forwarding calls to extentions etc ?

Thanks

Henry

I'd recommend getting a 4 port Dialogic card (eg: D4PCI for around US$500)

This card goes into PCI slot in your PC and can accept 4 analog phone lines - the phone line jacks are plugged into the back of the card.

VoiceGuide can then answer calls arriving on those lines and hadle the calls in whatever way you define the script (screen calls, transfer calls, go to voicemail box etc..)

Most phone systems send information about incoming calls as "Inband Signaling" at the beginning of the call. VoiceGuide can read those signals as well and use that information to determine what to do inside the script...

Just to clarify further:

I have 4 incoming lines and 6 extentions, If I use the D4/PCI card then 4 entensions go to this card when incoming calls arrive, the system will then handle the call and may even forward it to a voicemail box or to one of the 2 remaining extensions for a user to answer.

If a call is forwarded to my extension or if someone else rings my extension directly and I am out of the office can I have these calls forwarded to my voicemail box ?

On my telephone handset I can forward calls to an extension when I leave the office but if it is one of the 4 extensions plugged into the dialogic card would this not simply put the called though the whole IVR system again ?

Thanks

Henry

If a call is forwarded to my extension or if someone else rings my extension directly and I am out of the office can I have these calls forwarded to my voicemail box ?

Your PBX must be configured to transfer calls that have not been answered at your extension to one of VoiceGuide's extensions - and VoiceGuide can run a script on that extension which takes a called directly to voicemail.

On my telephone handset I can forward calls to an extension when I leave the office but if it is one of the 4 extensions plugged into the dialogic card would this not simply put the called though the whole IVR system again ?

You can run different script on different extensions - eg: two of the extensions can run an Auto Attendant and tow others can run voicemail - you then set up the PBX and your forwarding to go to appropriate extensions..