VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Stops Answering

I know this is going to be rather vague but I don't have much to go on... I've installed vg 4.9 to test it. It works fine for a while (can't define "a while") but by the next morning the system will no longer answer calls. I have to exit vg and reload it to make it work again. Any idea on where I can start to look for problems? My computer is admittedly weak but it was an extra computer I hoped would work. The system won't have a big load on it and it is dedicated to vg.

Running on Win98, P5-166, 32MB ram, winmodem.

1. There is nothing in the "Features" link that states you have to restart vg every hour.

2. That "feature" makes it impossible to test. I start it up, go to my office, and it already needs restarted.

I've re-read the features listing and you're right that the statement of "A registration reminder will be displayed every 1 hour" does not indicate that you actually need to restart the software as well - I'll speak to our web people to have this changed to the previous statement which made it clearer...

Not much that I can do about changing the 1 hour per-use limit. Guess thats the free evaluation must have some sort of a usage limit otherwise we would be giving the software away for free...

Most 30-day usage limit type schemes can be easily circumvented, and thats why that method was deemed unsuitable.