VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Cards

Could you please clarify which is the best Dialogic card for controlling 4 analogue lines using voiceguide software.

I have been told that the D4/PCI is a good card to start with however I do not wish to purchase this card and have to upgrade it in 6 months etc.

I am intersted in knowing what the other dialogic cards are capable of doing in conjunction with VoiceGuide that the D4/PCI cannot.

Thanks

Henry

Dialogic is a fairly recently released card and is the preferred choice for Analog installations. There are other more expensive 4 port analog cards which are intended to be used for Speech Recognition applications - which VoiceGuide does not support at this stage.

FWIW:

I'm using the D/4PCI card with IVG and it seems to work fine (the card, not the software, which works "most" of the time...)

However, I was told by an Intel representative that they (Intel) were no longer supporting the Dialogic products. From what I could gather, Intel was getting out of the CT business altogether. If that's true, well, it might effect your decision to buy.

What difficulties are you finding with the software?

Dialogic is by far the leader in Computer Telephony cards, they hold a lions maket share in that market with a huge number of sites worldwide... the brand is sure to be around for a very long time.

Which Intel rep did you speak to? Was it (one of many) rumours that go around all the time or is there some official Press Release from Intel about any such moves?

My Telephone system is a hybrid which allows either analogue or digital devices to be plugged into extensions.

The D4/PCI is an analogue 4 port card, are there advantages in using a digital Dialogic card and if so what are the advantages or where can I research this further.

Which would be the recommended digital dialogic card to use ?

Thanks

Henry

Dialogic is mainly used for higher density systems, where you intend to use more then 10-16 lines/channels.

The entry level digital card (D240) can support 24 lines/channels on the T1 connection that is accepts (a D300 is used for the 30 channel E1 connections).

Unless you need to use that many lines it's a lot simpler and cheaper to stay with analog.

The sound quality and reliability of detection of DTMF/busy/etc tones is excellent on both platforms.