VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Is This Scenario Possible?

hi,

i have win2000 with 256 MB SDRAM, P2 350 Mhz CPU and 56K Conexant Soft Modem. I have also Office 2000 program with Access DB. I'm a small computer hardware and white-box PC seller. I reserve just 1 line for this. If that conexant modem is not sufficient for this scenario than please tell me what should buy.

what i want to do is:

mainly, i want to give prices to my customers over phone when i'm not in the office. When the customer dial my line it welcomes and then give the options: press 1 to learn prices, press 2 to learn about current promotions, press 3 to drop an voice message about your technical problem to the technical service for being dealed with tomorrow.

when pressed 1 the rather crippled product list is listed like press 51 for CPU prices, press 52 for Hard Disks etc.

when pressed 2 then press 71 to learn about new white box offer, press 72 learning the CD-RW promotion. When pressed 71 it tells the specs and ask if you would like to add 256 MB more of memory and upgrade to 60 GB HDD press 8 or if you would like to add 512 MB more of memory and upgrade to 80 GB of HDD press 82. If customer press one of these program must calculate the total sum.

This is not required, at least at the first phase, but if it's possible that program stores the system total price to the memory and asks to return to main menu and if the customer wants to add a promotion item. Then if the customer adds any then sum up all and tell a grand total.

when pressed 3 then simple voice message is stored to voicemessage box.

can i implement this system with a modem and your program? or can you suggest any other ways to do this?

also, for a friend of mine in Europe needs such a solution but he needs other than english. is it possible in other languages?

it should be possible. but the connexant modem has to be a voice modem. for voice modem i recommend hi-phone desktop (i recieved recommendations on this modems because of its excellent voice skill). you'll have to test the voice qulity with this modem. otherwise buy other one e.g. hi-phone (www.way2call.com).

your hardware should be sufficiant so serve one line and a voice modem.

for other languages you'll have to implement some other languages e.g. natural voices from at&t (available in german, french).

voiceguide uses the ms tts engine. so you have to get a new language for ms tts engine.

i'm no employee at katalina, so please correct me if i'm wrong, just wanted to help :)

you can achieve price calculation via evaluate module or vbscript module. perhaps even via sql-commands or access (i'm not shure about that. i'm a newbie this area :) )

Doing this is quite straightforward in VoiceGuide - you can download the fully working demo from our WWW and design and test your script before having to buy the software...

To calculate amounts (in your case value of order) you can use the "Evaluate Expression" module.

Please see the Help file's entry on "Evaluate Expression" module to see how you can add/subtract etc to a value of a "Result Variable" - and after all various amounts have been added you can speak the current value of the "Result Variable" to the caller.

If you still have problems please post here...

The Professional license will be sufficient. The "Say Numbers" module can speak out any amounts/prices etc using pre-recorded sound files.

If you would like to do more advanced Text to Speech (eg speak out system description) then you will need the Enterprise version - which can do TTS.