VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Human Script Not Being Played

Anytime I make an outbound call, the only script that will run is the Machine Answer script. I have two lines available and I am able to place calls from a handset directly plugged into either line.

When I make the outbound call, the person answering will speak hello, but there seems to be no acknowledgement from VG and it just starts running the Machine Answer script.

I've attached my log. Please look at the calls made on 10/1/2010 after 4:00 PM.

1001_ktTts.zip

The vgEngine and ktTel traces were not included so it is not possible to tell what is actually happening on the system, but most likely the quality of phone lines is poor, or there is other noise on the line. If noses re not good quality then the Dialogic card will report that it thinks that an Answering Machine has answered the call.

Traces show the Dialogic card is performing the human/machine detection, but is always reporting 'machine' for the three calls captured in the trace.

Two of the calls are made on port 2, and one on port 1 of the Dialogic card.

Trace also shows that there are some unexplained DTMF tone detections on port 2, at the time when there are no calls on that port.

at 16:31:45 the following tones are reported: 9109041767

at 16:38:36 the following tones are reported: 2253581111

at 16:43:36 the following tones are reported: 9109041767

This suggests that there is some crosstalk from another line, and this may indicate that the quality of telephone lines attached to the Dialogic card is poor.

Poor line quality will result in 'Answering Machine' reported by Dialogic card on outgoing calls. Until the lines are fixed its probably best to stop trying to use Dialogic card to determine answer type and just have a "press 1 if you are human" question at the beginning of the script, and play a message intended for answering machine if there is no response to that question.