VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Will Not Save And Vb Script Path Error

I have been searching the posts and I cannot find anyone with this kind of problem.

When making changes to my script. I will save and close out of script editor. For some reason VoiceGuide will play the old script rather than the revisions made. I have even tried deleting the xml and csv file. We are developing a huge 48 line IVR for our business and this is really slowing progress.

This will only happen once in a while. About 2/3's of the time I am able to make script changes and see them as soon as I save.

Another problem is sometimes after a VBS module is ran VoiceGuide bombs out saying there is no path to the next module when there definately is. I have paths on success, fail, and timeout 0 all going to the same place. I am able to fix it sometimes by deleting the paths in the VBS module, saving it, closing the editor, opening it back up, adding the same exact paths, then saving again.

If anyone has any input, please let me know. I am working nights and weekend because of this problem.

BTW - We are running 6.0.3081 Enterprise, VG Dialer, 48 Line with everything updated. I currently have live scripts running. But scripts in development are very buggy because of these problems.

I will save and close out of script editor. For some reason VoiceGuide will play the old script rather than the revisions made.

When the new version of the script is saved you should see entries similar to these in the gm log:

073916.56    load  start [C:\Projects\CcPay_viaKlix\CcPay_viaKlix.vgs]

073916.56          MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [4]

073916.63    load  end

073916.63          loaded Script Id 4: C:\Projects\CcPay_viaKlix\CcPay_viaKlix.vgs

073916.65  0      Erasing Script (new loaded) Id 3

073916.65  0      VgsScriptFree [3]

073916.65          MemStructVgs_ClearVgs [3]

They basically report that VG detected a new version of the file it is currently using on on of the lines and that it has loaded it (and removed the old version form memory).

All new calls on lines which are set to use that script will use the new version.

I have even tried deleting the xml and csv file.

That would not affect anything.

Another problem is sometimes after a VBS module is ran VoiceGuide bombs out saying there is no path to the next module when there definately is. I have paths on success, fail, and timeout 0 all going to the same place.

A timeout path in the VBScript module is used to limit the length of time the VBScript is allowed to run. Essentially what you are doing by setting a Timeout path to 0 is that you are telling VG to start the VBScript and then forcibly terminate the VBScript task immediately... so you've basically created a race condition between what the script is trying to do and VG stopping the script from doing it....

A timeout path (if used at all) should be set to a value which gives VBScript enough time to complete.

One easy way to establish whether the script you have modified is running or not is to use the Admin_TraceLogAdd COM function to add tracing to the vgm log file, and in the script change what Admin_TraceLogAdd writes out when you modify the script.

If you have identified a specific problem please post traces and related scripts and we can then have a look the what is happening on your system.