VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip Connectivity

Hi

We have 4 VoIP numbers (or lines) here in the UK provided by Voicenet Solutions currently configured for Cisco IP phones (model 7960).

Is there any reason why we couldn't connect these 4 numbers to our VoiceGuide IVR system replacing the single BT analogue line/Dialogic 4 line card currently used?

Has anybody any experience of doing this?

What are the questions we would need to ask Voicenet Solutions if we are the first?

What hardware would we need or would we simply attach the router as now to an Ethernet port on the PC?

(As I understand things, the Cisco phones when correctly configured "tell" the Voicenet Solutions software "where" - at what IP address - the various telephone numbers are. How would/can the Voiceguide software emulate the Cisco phone functions?)

Hope to hear from you.

Brian Smith

You can set up VoiceGuide in VoIP mode.

Then set up VoiceGuide to 'register' itself with Voicenet Solutions (just like the Cisco IP phones are registering themselves right now).

Then Voicenet will send the calls to VoiceGuide instead of the Cisco IP phones.

To deploy this you need to install the Dialogic HMP drivers, then install VoiceGuide v7 and select "VoIP" as the install option at setup time.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogichmp.htm

Then after installation edit VoiceGuide's Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \conf\ subdirectory.

More information on this here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_voip_register.htm

You will need the telephone numbers/accounts and the passwords

After changing the Config.xml file restart the VoiceGuide service.

Calls to the numbers registered by VoiceGuide will now be directed to VoiceGuide and answered by it.

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com for pricing on Dialogic HMP licenses.

And if you have any questions or run into any issues when deploying this please post here and we can advise.

Thank you for this.

I won't be using the Dialogic card if I switch to VoIP; the packets will come in from the router to the Ethernet port on the PC instead. Does that mean I could set the two systems up in parallel and run them both?

I ask because the current Dialogic card based set-up is a live, working system...

You would not be able to run both of them on same system. Only one set of Dialogic drivers can be installed on system at a time.

OK.

SO if I download and install the version 7 upgrade to my existing version 5 4 line Enterprise licence on a different PC will that be OK or will I hit a problem because there is no previous version for the upgrade to find?

Am I right in thinking I install the 4 HMP licences first followed by the VG stuff?

will I hit a problem because there is no previous version for the upgrade to find?

Before installing VoiceGuide on a system all previous versions of VoiceGuide should be uninstalled first.

You many run into problems if two different versions of VoiceGuide are installed on system.

Only one type of Dialogic drivers can be installed on the system at a time as well.

Am I right in thinking I install the 4 HMP licences first followed by the VG stuff?

HMP drivers need to be installed on system before installing VoiceGuide v7 in VoIP mode.

You do not need to have a HMP license before installing VoiceGuide. The HMP cones with a 1 line license, and you can use this to test the system.

OK, you need to read my Move from ISDN to BT Analogue post in tandem with this for the full horror of my situation.

I have a VG 5 system with a Dialogic 4/PCI card which I am having problems with (the ISDN to Analogue post describes these) so I thought I would bring forward the move to VoIP.

I downloaded HMP 3.0 and the licence and installed both using the HMP Licence Manager.

Unfortunately, the Dialogic DCM process insists on getting the Dialogic 4/PCI card to work before looking at the HMP set-up. It says the 4/PCI card doesn't work and just hangs around grizzling about it and makes no progress with getting HMP to work.

I know I don't need a 4/PCI card if I am using VoIP but do I have to physically remove it from the box before HMP will play ball or is there a way to tell DCM to ignore it?

I'd rather not remove the card if I can avoid it as VoIP may turn out to be a non-starter.

is there a way to tell DCM to ignore it?

No. If the HMP drivers install advises that the card need to be removed then this will need to be done.

Also before installing HMP divers all other Dialogic drivers need to be removed first.

Similarly, HMP drivers (and all other Dialogic drivers) need to be removed before installing SR6.0 drivers.