VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Moved From Bt Isdn To Analogue - No Hang-up Detection

We've converted from (UK) BT ISDN - which worked perfectly - to a single (UK) BT analogue line (because all our data now goes over aDSL and our 4 line ISDN set-up was no longer cost-justifiable) and the system now won't recognise someone hanging-up unless the script finishes normally.

I've turned off Disconnect Tone (it was Yes for ISDN but should be No for analogue?) but the problem remains and is a real show stopper.

The previous ISDN set-up never experienced any problems because, I imagine, ISDN sends an explicit tone in the event of a caller hanging-up whereas Analogue lines don't and another method of detecting a hung-up call has to be used.

My problem is I don't know which one and if anyone can help with this I'd be grateful.

I read the article you refer to before I raised the issue here. I don't mean to carp but your answer doesn't help me as it simply restates my question in different words.

My telco - BT (UK) - must be providing service to a largish percentage of your software's users and I was hoping that one of them - they can't all be unable to detect a hung-up call - would tell me simply what I need to do.

You must have a large number of UK customers, you must have heard of BT and this problem must have occurred many times before? Can't you just tell me what I need to do?

Would it help if I asked three direct questions?

1) Is the simplest solution to my problem to ask BT to implement current loop drop on the analogue line?

2) In your experience, is this something they can and will do?

3) Is the best solution the Audacity approach (which I have to be honest and say slightly baffles/frightens me)?

Are most of your calls inbound or outbound?

On outbound calls it is quite common for Telco not to play a disconnect tone if call recipient hangs up.

On inbound calls most times Telco will play disconnect tone when caller hangs up.

The best way to determine what is happening on the lines that you are using after hangup is to just record it using a Record module. Just setup a script that uses a single record module, then call the system and hangup after system answers the call.

We can help with the frequency/cadence determination if you can .ZIP up and post the recorded sound file here.

All the calls are inbound. The only outbound traffic uses the aDSL line.

I have been in touch with our Telco - Plusnet - and they flat out don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

They are convinced that a hang-up signal is a feature I haven't paid for and therefore can't have; even though it isn't and can't be found anywhere on their website.

I called BT who can fix it apparently but won't because although they installed the line, I'm not a BT customer.

It's a crazy phone world here in the UK.

Things are getting a little circular here!

Have you confirmed that no tones are played at time caller hangs up?

Easiest way to check this is to connect the line to a normal phone and just listen to see what happens when the caller hangs up. Using a script with Record module is another way if you do not have an analog phone available.

Hi

I hope I've done this right. I used a VG Answer and Record script and the zip file attached contains the resulting files.

One is named as per the script and the other was copied using Audacity and given a more user friendly name.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your advice as to how I can get hang-up recognised.

attachments.zip

Looking at recording we can see that after disconnection the Telco plays a continuous tone of 400Hz.

Suggest that you edit the DISCONNECT_USER_1 entry in the ConfigLine.xml file to be like this:

<Tone Name="DISCONNECT USER 1">

<Notes>Disconnect Tone</Notes>

<ID>DISCONNECT_USER_1</ID>

<Freq1>400</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>50</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>200</On>

<OnDev>40</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>0</Count>

</Tone>

and then restart the VoiceGuide service and make a test call.

If you still have problems please post the recordings as before along with the VoiceGuide ktTel that captures the system startup and the call. (ie. todays kTTel trace)

Using VG 5 so made the suggested changes in Control Panel Phones & Modems but disconnect hang up still not detected.

Am I missing a setting/parameter somewhere else?

Did you make the changes in the "Configuration Service" window as per instructions here:

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v5_dialogic.htm

Section: "Configure Dialogic TSP".

It should work. That is where the tones are set for the Dialogic TSP.

If you are unable to get it to work then other options that you can try is to install VoiceGuide v6 or v7 (depending on which card are you using).

Which model card are you using now?

And which Dialogic card (model number) did you use for the BRI ISDN line?

Bloody disaster here; 16 clubs trying to report their scores and finding their calls being cut-off at random points in the conversation. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes just as they were about to finish and sometimes half way through or at some other point in the call.

The advice is not to set the bands too widely otherwise you get what we got this afternoon. But it's very enigmatic in that it doesn't say what "too widely" is or where or how you set it. And after all as far as I know I used the settings in your earlier reply.

Please remember this is VG 5 we're talking about when you come back.

As I understand things the TAPI set-up controls the physical card and manages the interface with the public telephone system and the PC. The VG stuff controls what people hear and can respond once a call is set-up and proceeding; ie once the TAPI/Dialogic card has said it's OK?

If that is the case how do I check that all is in order?

It can't be that difficult surely to thingy? The UK might not be your major market but you must 100s if not 1,000s of users over here running your stuff through BT analogue lines connected to Dialogic 4 port cards. Why is it such a struggle to get the right parameters?

I'm begining to think the only answer is to go back to ISDN. But that's mad surely?

PS I freely admit that I am knocked out by the level of service and the responsiveness of your support set-up, it is genuinely outstanding. But if I have one small criticism it is the tendency of some of your team to post circular responses. An example. I said, "Using VG 5 so made the suggested changes in Control Panel Phones & Modems but disconnect hang up still not detected." Your response, "Did you make the changes in the "Configuration Service" window as per instructions here:

See: http://www.voiceguid...v5_dialogic.htm

Section: "Configure Dialogic TSP".

Where in all reasonableness do you think I could have got the idea that I needed to go to Control Panel, Phones & Modems from if not from your instructions? And particularly so when your post said I needed to amend ConfigLine.xml, a file that does not exist in VG 5.

PPS It's very late here; near midnight. I have had a truly shitty day fighting to get this stuff to work so forgive me if I am a little tetchy.

A setting of about 10% of the frequency value is what's usually used for frequency deviation setting.

The ON time setting should be at least 2 seconds for continuous tone. In v6 a value of 200 indicates 2 seconds, as in v6 that value is in 10ms units.

Not sure if Dialogics TSPs Configuration Service Disconnect tone tab expects that setting entered in 10ms unit or in 1ms units.

Maybe this mixup is what is causing the false detection?

Can you post a screenshot of the Dialogics TSPs Configuration Service Disconnect Tone tab from your system?

The two things to try if you are getting false disconnect tone detections is to reduce the frequency deviation (try values of 30 or maybe even 20), and increase the length of ON time (up to say 4 seconds?)

Note that we do not recommend running v5 on Dialogic. Dialogic TAPI/Wave drivers do not work well and have been discontinued years ago.

Quality-wise ISDN is a better choice the analog (and usually better then VoIP) but it does cost more.

What cards did you use when running BRI ISDN?

Or did you use an ISDN<->Analog media gateway on your premises and still used the same Dialogic card?

Hi

The set-up is exactly the same s/w and h/w wise. All I have done is change the script to try and deal with untimely disconnects (caller hanging-up) and when that didn't work, I added the settings to the TAPI configuration you suggested in an earlier post having looked at the recorded disconnect tones I sent you.

We have progressed from never hanging-up (not recognising the disconnection) to hanging-up at any time during the call. Not an ideal development sequence. But I am happy to upgrade; it can't make things worse.

What is the sequence? I will need both TAPI and VG software? Can you give me a complete - and reliable - list in running order? Might as well go to VG 7 as 6 or is 6 more predictable/easier?

I will send you the screenshots as soon as I can get them.

The set-up is exactly the same s/w and h/w wise.

So sounds like beforehand you had a BRI ISDN<->Analog media gateway type device and you attached analog lines from that device to the Dialogic card, correct?

We'd recommend v7 over v6, but with v7 you need a card that will work with Dialogic SR6.0 drivers.

What model Dialogic card are you using right now?

Hi

Yes, we add adaptors on the ISDN line which enabled us to connect the ISDN card in the PBX to the Dialogic card. The Dialogic card is a d/4PCI unit.

I attach a PowerPoint with slides showing curent settings. I hope this helps.

The PowerPoint did not attach, can you try .ZIPing it up before attaching it?

Most D/4PCI series cards will work with SR6.0

Only way to verify is to uninstall current Dialogic drivers and install the SR6.0 drivers (available from our Downloads page).

Other values in the TSP tone configuration screens suggest that TSP also sets tone ON/OFF times in 10ms units.

Have you tried:

reduce the frequency deviation (try values of 30 or maybe even 20), and increase the length of ON time (up to say 4 seconds?)

Where exactly referring to the screenshots I spent quite a lot of time preparing would I do this?

The on/off times of the fax tone suggest that the timings are specified in 10ms units.

Come on now, this is no help at all.

I ask "where" and you refer to a FAX parameter setting! I don't use FAX and you still haven't answered my question; viz: where do I make the suggested changes.

Another post and reply round-trip has taken place, another 24 hours has gone by and I am absolutely no further forward.

Does anybody review what gets written by "Support Team"? Sometimes the replies are obtuse, sometimes they are Oracular and sometimes, as in this case, just irrelevant and no help at all.

Looks like your last question was misread and was not answered properly. I apologize for this.

Where exactly referring to the screenshots I spent quite a lot of time preparing would I do this?

Are you referring to how to upgrade to VoiceGuide v7, or where would the disconnect tone settings need to be entered in v5?

To upgrade to v7:

Backup yor current scripts and sound files, databases etc.

Uninstall VoiceGuide and Uninstall your current Dialogic drivers (called System Release 5).

Then install the Dialogic drivers for v7 and VoiceGuide v7 itself.

Please read: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/install_v7_dialogicsr60.htm

You will need to edit the Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \conf\ subirectory to set your script as the starting script.

To change tone settings:

The SOPHTEL DIALOGIC_2.ppt screenshots of the Configuration Service's "Disc Tone 1" and "Disc Tone 2" tabs show that both tones have been defined as was originally suggested:

freq1: 400 freq1dev: 50

freq2: 0 freq2dev: 0

on: 200 ondev: 40

off: 0 offdev: 0

rep: 0

To do this: "reduce the frequency deviation (try values of 30 or maybe even 20), and increase the length of ON time (up to say 4 seconds?)" the Configuration Service's "Disc Tone 1" and "Disc Tone 2" tabs should be like this:

freq1: 400 freq1dev: 20

freq2: 0 freq2dev: 0

on: 400 ondev: 40

off: 0 offdev: 0

rep: 0

A lot of the D/4PCI series cards will work with Dialogic SR6.0 drivers which VoiceGuide v7 uses.

It's probably worth a try to install Dialogic SR6.0 first and see if they can detect the card. If they can detect the card then you can proceed with v7 install and use.

(SR6.0 Dialogic drivers for use with v7 can be downloaded from our WWW Downloads page, just below the v7 Download link).

In a real tangle now!

I uninstalled Dialogic and Voiceguide as per instructions preparatory to moving to Dialogic 6. and VG 7 only to meet with complete refusal from Dialogic to install the new drivers.

The install routine insists that there is a Point Release on the system and won't do anything until it is removed.

I have searched everywhere and there is no sign of this software. The registry doesn't refer to it and there are no folders containing Intel Dialogic Point Release stuff either. They are not mentioned in Control Panel Add Remove Programs either.

So I am completely buggered. I have uninstalled the old Dialogic/VG set-up and now can't install the new.

In desperation I turned to HMP; see my VoIP posting for how I got on with that!

I know Dialogic isn't your product and I know that applies to Windows (XP SP 3) as well but if you can tell me how I can tidy this situation up so that Dialogic will install vers 6 I'll put corks in my cap and cheer for Australia in the World Cup.

Are you able to just wipe the system and start with a fresh install of Windows and then install SR6.0 drivers immediately afterwards?

Point Release refers to a SR5.x driver update that must have been installed on top of previous SR5.0 install. Can you see any Dialogic entries in the control panels Remove Software applet?

Sometimes I could scream.

I'm in a hole because I removed software at your prompting and now you want me to remove more? God alone knows what would turn out to be wrong if I wipe the system, re-install Windows etc. When in a hole don't do any more digging!

And then we have another 12 hour cycle wasted where you ask me if there is anything in Control Panel Add Remove Programs when I explicitly made the point in my post that there isn't.

I need some guidance as to what the Dialogic Point Release drivers might be called; I've looked for anything beginning "Dialogic" or "dlg" with no success.

I need some guidance as to what the Dialogic Point Release drivers might be called; I've looked for anything beginning "Dialogic" or "dlg" with no success.

The Dialogic Point releases should be listed in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet and clearly marked as 'Dialogic'. Not sure why Dialogic drivers install would advise that they are there while at the same time the Add/Remove Programs applet are not listed.

OK, so I've upgraded my licence to V 7 Enterprise and I've installed the new VG software and the Dialogic drivers ver 6.

That was an episode in itself. All I will say is that you have to use the Dialogic cleanup utility to remove previous instals and any other uninstall software products you can find. And then it might not work. It shouldn't be that hard.

The problem I have is still with callers hanging-up and it not being detected.

You suggest changes to config.xml and I have made those; see attached file. The question that I have to ask, and one which your reponse begs is, "How in Heaven's name can the Dialogic stuff - ansrmt for example - work when it doesn't have access to config.xml?"

Are you saying that it doesn't; ie you can't use Dialogic without VG on an analogue line in the UK because it will never know when a caller has hung-up? It certainly seems that way. If I call into ansrmt and hang-up it happily carries on playing its VOX file until it finishes when it terminates the call.

That can't be right.

Hanging-up mid-call is not a 1 in a million, million occurrence. In any telephony environment it happens to an enormous percentage of calls. Why for crying out loud doesn't your software deal with it properly? And simply. Why does finding a solution to it have to resemble some kind of black art?

Excuse my exasperation but it's been weeks now and I'm no nearer to a solution.

GetResults.vgs

How in Heaven's name can the Dialogic stuff - ansrmt for example - work when it doesn't have access to config.xml?

config.xml is the setup file for VoiceGuide.

Ansrmt is a minimal demo application, sufficient to test basic operation on simple setup systems.

If I call into ansrmt and hang-up it happily carries on playing its VOX file until it finishes when it terminates the call.

Looks like it has not setup the card to listen for Disconnect tone. Not surprising, its a simple demo app to test card's basic functionality.

On analog lines hangup is detected by listening for Disconnect tones. For more information please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm

Most professional IVRs do not use analog. They use ISDN or VoIP (VoIP is appropriate in call-center/office or co-located environments, which have suitable networking setup).

I understand that you have successfully used a VoiceGuide system with ISDN for over 6 years, and the problem with end of call detection only started happening when the ISDN connection was disconnected and analog started to be used instead.

Once you have setup the disconnect tone detection on your new system you'll find that most calls are hung up on when other party hangs up as well.

You could also speak to your Telco to see if they can perform a loop current drop on your lines. Loop current drop is a good method of indicating end of call on analog lines.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, your support is mostly excellent and occasionally even better than that but this latest response just won't wash.

It is a little patronising; the idea that I haven't read your FAQ on detecting disconnection at least 100 times in the weeks it is taking to get this problem resolved is fanciful.

It also suggests I am a bit stupid. If I call my home phone from the analog line in question, or my mobile, or any other phone and hang-up mid-call, all the various devices recognise the disconnect pretty much instantaneously and hang-up themselves.

The idea that my very expensive Dialogic 4/PCI can't do something my £30 TAM can strikes me as a little unbelievable. And the suggestion that Dialogic would release a demonstration/diagnostic program that can't recognise when a call ends is equally incredible.

You say that the Dialogic card recognises hang-up/disconnect on analog lines by tone. I have set Disconnect Tone to "Yes" in the 4/PCI configuration using the Dialogic DCM but can't find any way of saying what the disconnect tone is.

Q.Where is this value or set of values recorded?

Q.Is it obtained from a database of values determined by the Country setting (set to UK using DCM).

As for VoIP I am happy to move to it once VG can explain to me how I can make my computer look like a CISCO phone. If it doesn't then the switching software my VoIP provider uses won't work.

I have asked for this explanation several times and it has not, so far, been forthcoming. That being the case, were I to move to VoIP, I could easily find myself in the situation I am in now where it appears it's my fault the Dialogic card and/or VG software can't recognise when a call has ended.

If I call my home phone from the analog line in question, or my mobile, or any other phone and hang-up mid-call, all the various devices recognise the disconnect pretty much instantaneously and hang-up themselves.

Well, not really, analog telephones do not hang themselves up. You decide to hangup the handset, and only after that time the line becomes available to have another call sent down it.

As an example:

When you receive a call on the analog phone, and at end of conversation the caller hangs up you hear the disconnect tone.

That tone is being played to you from the telephone exchange - not by your phone.

So although the person who called you has hung up, the telephone exchange has not hung up the leg of the call between the exchange and your analog handset - exchange switch will just play a tone down the line (or drop loop current) to alert you that the other person has in fact hung up, and not just stopped talking. And the line will stay 'off-hook' for as long as you keep listening to the tone and longer - for as long as you do not put the handset on the hook. No calls will arrive for as long as you keep the handset off-hook.

You decide when to make the phone available for new calls - when you put the handset back on hook.

Your analog phone doesn't know that caller has hung up. It just amplifies whatever audio is sent from telephone exchange.

This is what analog lines are like.

Mobile is different. Its digital. Like ISDN or VoIP.

And the suggestion that Dialogic would release a demonstration/diagnostic program that can't recognise when a call ends is equally incredible.

Dialogic's default disconnect tones are matched to US telephone system. Tone played on your lines is different. That's probably the reason why demo app does not detect it.

(quite possibly the demo app ignores disconnect tones received anyway - the Dialogic demo is to mainly demonstrate call answer and playback).

Q.Where is this value or set of values recorded?

There are some hard coded values in drivers. Application software does its own setting. Demo apps do not have coding to do this as far I know.

Q.Is it obtained from a database of values determined by the Country setting (set to UK using DCM).

No. Application software does its own setting.

As for VoIP I am happy to move to it once VG can explain to me how I can make my computer look like a CISCO phone.

Suspect that VoIP provider will accept registrations from any standards following SIP device (like VoiceGuide/HMP when running in SIP mode).

VoIP can tell you exactly when call has ended, and the VoiceGuide channel would hang up immediately when this notice is received.

Please note that VoIP can get pretty complex to set up.

It seems to be getting worse. VG takes at least a minute to realise there's no longer anybody on the line.

And the VB script execution delay you noticed is worse as well. I turned off my AV stuff (Windows Security Essentials but it made no difference.

I attach all the logs, script etc.

1015_ktTts.zip

Have you set the DISCONNECT_USER_1 tone definition in ConfigLine.xml file to match the disconnect tone played by your Telco at call end time? You need to set this in order for Dialogic card to listen out for Disconnect tone played by your Telco.

Was more memory added to this system already to raise it up to the minimum specs?

If you are unable to find what is causing the delay in starting the VBScripts (it would most likely be some sort of anti-virus software) then maybe the quickest way for you to fix this on your system would be to just reformat the hard disk and then install just Windows and Dialogic drivers and VoiceGuide only. And check system performance with just this minimal install.

Were going round in circles now.

I sent you the config.xml file so you could see that I have set the disconnect tones to the values you suggested 4 weeks ago in this thread.

I turned off my AV stuff and I have increased physical memory to 2Gb.The VB modules performed fine in 5.1.1 with AV on. it's moving to version 7 that's introduced the slow execution problem. What have you changed?

Are we getting to the stage where you will just have to admit that your stuff just doesn't work with UK analog phone lines?

The traces show that the ConfigLine.xml was not updated with disconnect tone definition.

You need to edit the Configline.xml file and ensure that the DISCONNECT_USER_1 tone definition looks something like this:

<Tone Name="DISCONNECT USER 1">

<Notes>Disconnect Tone</Notes>

<ID>DISCONNECT_USER_1</ID>

<Freq1>400</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>40</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>200</On>

<OnDev>20</OnDev>

<Off>0</Off>

<OffDev>0</OffDev>

<Count>0</Count>

</Tone>

Traces show:

145813.156  3792   1       config line as per [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\conf\ConfigLine.xml] iReadTonesConfigFromConfigLineXml=1
145813.156  3792   1       config line XML_ParserCreate
145813.156  3792   1       config line file load start len=12407
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=0 DISCONNECT_USER_1:1000 620:200 480:200 30:10 20:10 3
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=1 DISCONNECT_USER_2:1001 550:200 0:0 30:10 20:10 3
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=2 FAX:1002 1100:110 0:0 30:15 0:0 0
145813.171  3792           commented out tone defintion encountered (path=[<Samples><Tone>]!=[<Tones><Tone>])
145813.171  3792           commented out tone defintion encountered (path=[<Samples><Tone>]!=[<Tones><Tone>])
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=3 TID_BUSY1:253 500:200 0:0 55:40 55:40 4
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=4 TID_BUSY2:255 500:200 525:175 55:40 55:40 4
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=5 TID_DIAL_LCL:250 340:40 440:40 100:0 0:0 1
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=6 TID_DIAL_INTL:251 340:40 440:40 100:0 0:0 1
145813.171  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=7 TID_DIAL_XTRA:252 340:40 440:40 100:0 0:0 1
145813.187  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=8 TID_DISCONNECT:257 500:200 525:175 55:40 55:40 4
145813.187  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=9 TID_FAX1:258 2150:50 0:0 25:25 0:0 1
145813.187  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=10 TID_FAX2:259 1100:50 0:0 25:25 0:0 1
145813.187  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=11 TID_RNGBK1:254 438:138 0:0 130:105 400:200 1
145813.187  3792           tone loaded from ConfigLine idx=12 TID_RNGBK2:256 438:138 438:138 130:105 400:200 1

Looks like something else on your system is preventing VBScript execution. The delay is outside the VoiceGuide system. You can see in traces when the Windows Scripting Host gets started and how long it takes before it starts running the script. That delay is caused on Windows level (usually by some 3rd party programs that monitor system etc.). If you cannot find them then quickest way is to reformat and reload windows and Dialogic/VoiceGuide.

You refer to a ConfigLine.xml, I have been amending - and sending to you - a file called Config.xml. Can you confirm which file I should be looking at?

I'll have another look for anything that might be causing the delay. I turned off Windows Security Essentials but perhaps there's bits left that still run? I'll try uninstalling it; I don't need internet access to test the script so disconnecting the LAN shouldn't cause any problems.

OK; disabled (removed) Windows Security Essentials and amended ConfigLine.xml and I now have a non-working system. VG IVR doesn't work nor does Dialogic ansrmt.

Q. Which config file should I be using?

Q. Where can I download a vanilla version that will at least get the system working again.

I need to be able to specifically start (load) and stop (unload) the software so I know where I am/what's going on.

Q. What are the commands for starting/stopping Dialogic?

Q. What are the commands for starting/stopping VG?

You refer to a ConfigLine.xml, I have been amending - and sending to you - a file called Config.xml. Can you confirm which file I should be looking at?

Tone definition are set in ConfigLine.xml. As per instructions provided here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm in section "End of Call Detection: Disconnect Tone"

Q. Where can I download a vanilla version that will at least get the system working again.

What software are you referring to? VoiceGuide or Dialogic drivers? Both can be downloaded from our WWW Downloads page.

Q. What are the commands for starting/stopping Dialogic?

Dialogic service can be started/stopped from the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM). Start -> Programs -> Intel/Dialogic system Release -> Configuration Manager (DCM)

Q. What are the commands for starting/stopping VG?

VoiceGuide service can be started/stopped by right clicking on he IVR icon in applet tray in bottom right hand corner of screen (next to clock on the taskbar) and selecting Start or Stop,

or by using the Windows Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services (on Win7: Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative tools -> Services)

There is confusion here. I've got Dialogic and VG all set-up and they were both working - ansrmt and the IVR script - until I meddled with Config.xml and ConfigLine.xml. They are the vanilla files I want as it seems that more than one xml file is used by VG?

A list of all the relevant xml files used by VG vers 7 - and vanilla versions - would be helpful.

Thanks for the program stop/start info but I want to stop the programs executing not pause their activity. Is that possible, say, from the Run or CMD prompt? At the moment the only way I can be sure I have reset the 4/PCI board is by shutting down and turning off all power to the motherboard (using the switch on the back of the case). Using Dialogic and/or VG Stop and Start doesn't do it.

The 3 config files that are used by VoiceGuide v7 are: Config.xml, ConfigLine.xml and VG.INI

The versions of these files that re placed on system at install time are attached.

I want to stop the programs executing not pause their activity.

Stopping the services as we described stops the programs from executing. Stopping the Dialogic service stops the Dialogic drivers, and stopping the VoiceGuide service stops the VoiceGuide software from running.

At the moment the only way I can be sure I have reset the 4/PCI board is by shutting down and turning off all power to the motherboard (using the switch on the back of the case). Using Dialogic and/or VG Stop and Start doesn't do it.

Restarting the VoiceGuide service is all that is usually necessary. This will reload the VoiceGuide configuration files. There is no need to reset the 4/PCI board. (The resetting of the board would be done by restarting the Dialogic drivers).

v7config.zip