VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Moniyor Calls Via Soundcard In Realtime

Hi

Is it possible to configure VG 5 to allow calls to be listened to via the PC's soundcard with say a headset in realtime; ie while they are being made?

I ask because I want to monitor what callers do when they use the service and the best way to do that would be to listen in while they make their calls (IMHO).

Hope you can help. If it's a stupid question and the answers all over the forums, forgive me and be gentle with me when you come back. I DID look first.

s it possible to configure VG 5 to allow calls to be listened to via the PC's soundcard with say a headset in realtime; ie while they are being made?

You cannot listen to the calls, but the line status will indicate what module the script is in right now and sound files are being played and what DTMF tones have been entered by the other party. This is usually enough to follow the script execution and what the other party is doing/responding. Are you finding that this is not sufficient? What things in particular do you want to listen out for?

What takes them so long in making the selection in response to the sound file played?

Guess some callers need to think about it before making a selection, or take a while to find their details (account numbers etc).

You can look at the VoiceGuide log files as well to see the exact timings of when the sound files were started and when they finished and when callers made a selection.

You can enable logging in v5 by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=0

SapiWrapOcx=0

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

BTW. In VoiceGuide v7 the timestamps of the various events (eg: play start/stop and DTMF keypresses etc) as stored in every call and are available to let you easily analyze the speed at which callers respond to various prompts.

I suppose what I really had in mind was the system where a supervisor can "plug in" to any phone and listen in on the conversation for training, dispute resolution etc.

I imagine that would have to be a hardware function on the Dialogic 4 port cards but on VoIP?

a supervisor can "plug in" to any phone and listen in on the conversation for training, dispute resolution etc.

This is not supported on v5 of VoiceGuide. It is is supported on v7 of VoiceGuide when call is connected to the agent through the VoiceGuide v7 ACD system.