VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

New Installation = Nothing Happens

Hi

I've set-up the Dialogic 4/PCI card in a new XP/SP 3 PC, installed Dialogic Drivers ver 6 and VG vers 7. The card is there and I can mess about with it using DCM. VG is running and log files are being created but when I phone the card nothing happens. No scripts start etc.

What am I doing/have I done wrong |(this time)?

Could you please post VoiceGuide's ktTel logs capturing the system startup and the incoming calls.

Please .ZIP up the files before posting them.

Hi

It's nearly two days since I posted this issue and I have had a reply yet.

Can I ask for a response just as soon as you can get round to it please? I am anxious to get this sorted out and at a rate of one query response every 24 hours it will take long enough; going 48 hours without any reaction will make it impossible.

I've attached the zip file again in case the first submission didn't make it.

Traces show the card is starting fine, but no calls are arriving at system.

The Dialogic card is not reporting that it has heard any ringing.

Can you confirm that the telephone line is working properly by attaching a normal analog handset to it and seeing if it rings when you dial the telephone lines number?

If the line works then maybe the physical port connection on the card is faulty. In which case you can try a different port on the card. Plug the line into each port in turn and dial the lines number each time to determine which ports are working.

Hmmm. It was a long time to wait to be asked if I've plugged the TV in.

I've tested the phone I don't know how many times during the 3 days I've been wrestling with this. Works fine every time. I have also tested all the 4/PCI ports by moving the phne line about, again repeatedly.

Q. Can you confirm that the telephone lead that goes from the BT wallport to the phone is the same lead I should plug into the 4/PCI or does the wiring have to be crossed over or anything like that?

Q. Is there a simple loopback cable I can use that will connect one 4/PCI port to another on the card and let me test that way?

Because I couldn't remove all traces of Dialogic software (see other posts) and I couldn't afford the risks involved in wiping the system and reinstalling Windows, I moved the 4/PCI card to another PC and set up a new installation of Dialogic/VG there. I could have damaged the card in moving it but without a second card to do a comparative with I'm buggered.

The one thought I have concerns the Dialogic drivers and the Dialogic 4/PCI card (which is 7 or 8 years old). I am using ver 6 now (moved up from vers 5 installed in the other PC).

Q. Do they definitely work with this card in a Windows XP/SP3 PC?

If I could find a copy I should be able to revert to Dialogic vers 5 drivers (there are none on the Dialogic website) and try the card with them?

Q. Do you know from where I could download a copy of the vers 5 drivers? (The s/w available on the Dialogic site is an upgrade only and requires that vers 5 be installed.)

Is the process that the Dialogic card talks to the world (the telephone) and deals with all those aspects before passing the data stream to VG? And does the same thing with the outbound data stream provided by VG?

Q. I should be able to test the card without any VG stuff installed?

Q. I should be able to run some of the Dialogic examples (none of which seem to do anything)?

I could really use some timely pointers here.

Q. Can you confirm that the telephone lead that goes from the BT wallport to the phone is the same lead I should plug into the 4/PCI or does the wiring have to be crossed over or anything like that?

If your phone is a traditional analog handset then yes. The two wires over which the telephone connection is carried need to be connected to the two center pins of the RJ45 connector that is plugged into the Dialogic port.

Have a look at the RJ45 connector. Are there only two wires that can be seen through the clear casing, or more? If more then you may need to confirm on which two wires the telephone connection is actually carried over your cable.

Q. Is there a simple loopback cable I can use that will connect one 4/PCI port to another on the card and let me test that way?

No. Not possible to test analog ports like that.

Q. Do they definitely work with this card in a Windows XP/SP3 PC?

Traces show that card starts up fine, so you should have no issues with it answering calls.

Q. Do you know from where I could download a copy of the vers 5 drivers?

We could probably find a copy somewhere. Will advise later.

Q. I should be able to test the card without any VG stuff installed?

Yes. There are sample programs in Dialogic's \demos\voice\ subdirectory. eg Ansrmt

Q. I should be able to run some of the Dialogic examples (none of which seem to do anything)?

After starting Ansrmt you can use the Action->Start menu to automatically open the 4 ports on the card. Do you see the "Ready to accept call" status for all 4 lines when you do this?

Thank you for all this.

I'll have a go at ansmt and come back.

Nagging away at me is the thought that if the drivers load and start OK and Dialogic DCM and VG Line Monitor all "see" the card without reporting any problems; what part of it can't be working?

Q. Is this a BIOS problem? Something to do with ECPI and PCI slots?

if the drivers load and start OK and Dialogic DCM and VG Line Monitor all "see" the card without reporting any problems; what part of it can't be working?

Then usually its the cabling.

You need to confirm that the telephone line is in fact carried by the wires connected to the two center pins of the RJ45.

Q. Is this a BIOS problem? Something to do with ECPI and PCI slots?

The card would not start at all if it was a problems at that level.

The problem I have with suspect cabling is that the card and phone line worked fine in the old PC with Dialogic vers 5 and VG vers 5; it just didn't recognise disconnect/hang up.

At SupportTeams's suggestion I tried to upgrade the old installation but couldn't because there is a remnant object from a Dialogic Point Release that I can't find and which prevents ver 6 being installed.

I moved the card to another PC - still running Windows XP/SP3 - to try and get round the Point Release hangover problem.

All the software went on fine and as you can see from the images I have sent, everything seems to be working as it should. Except, that is, it won't answer the bloody phone.

Q. If I can find an old PCI modem card somewhere, will the Dialogic vers 6 VG vers 7.2.2 set-up work as is or will I have to reinstall to reconfigure for a modem instad of a 4/PCI card?

Q. If I can find an old PCI modem card somewhere, will the Dialogic vers 6 VG vers 7.2.2 set-up work as is or will I have to reinstall to reconfigure for a modem instad of a 4/PCI card?

VoiceGuide v6 and v7 do not work with voice modems. Only v5 can work with voice modems.

Use of Voice Modems is not recommended. Please see comments on the http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm page.

Here are the links to Dialogic System Release 5.1.1 drivers.

These are the drivers that are for use with v6 (and v5 if you want to run v5 with a Dialogic card)

Dialogic SR5.1.1 drivers:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1th66hmmf7rm66d/Dialogic_drivers_for_VoiceGuide_v6.zip

Dialogic SR5.1.1 Service Pack 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6qihpa14ifxlcm/Dialogic_drivers_for_VoiceGuide_v6_patch1.zip

Thanks very much for finding the drivers for me. I'll download them to my system just in case.

Re the non-working problem you won't believe what the cause turned out to be.

In the UK we divide a copper telephone line into two frequency bands via a "splitter" where one band is used for ordinary analogue speech and the other serves as the aDSL digital link for "broadband" etc.

Anyway, I decided in some random moment of inspiration to remove the splitter from the equation and plug the phone line from the Dialogic 4/PCI card directly into the BT wallport and, hey presto, it burst into life.

Now, without a splitter I had no broadband so while it was valuable information it wasn't a solution.

I was considering the cost and time implications of this - additional, separate line, BT taking weeks to install it, and so on - while absent mindedly rummaging through my glory box of telephone bits and pieces. As I did this I saw that I had a real mixture of spliters from various manufacturers and I started putting them into the circuit one by one until, suddenly, I found I had one that worked!

There is no marking of any sort on this little device so I can't tell anyone which one worked. All I can say is that some UK splitters will work with the Dialogic 4/PCI card and some won't.

I hope this helps someone and saves them the frustrating 4 days I've had. And thanks to SupportTeam for sticking with me through it. (Your advice re 2 wires to the central pins was priceless as it allowed to me to discard about 10 different cables I was trying in sequence everytime I tried a new solution.)

Please mark this thread "Problem Solved!" and take a gold star each.

Thanks for letting us know the issue is now resolved.

The splitters are a cause of problems sometimes, but usually a faulty one will only cause distortion on the line, not disable the telephone output altogether like in this case.

Was the telephone output disabled altogether or did the analog handset attached to that output still worked fine?

If the handset works fine but the card does not detect incoming rings then looks like the splitter has some sort of a partial failure which limited the voltage or current flow across the loop but not removed it altogether, and the handset is more sensitive to voltage/current then the Dialogic card.