VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Restarting Dialogic Card Without Rebooting Machine

If I change the configuration of the Dialogic card by stopping, changing, starting I often get a spurious engaged (busy) cndition when I try to call.

How do I re-configure the Dialogic card and be sure the changes have been applied without having to reboot (which takes about 5 minutes each time?

What sort of configuration changes are made to the system?

If changes are made in VoiceGuide configuration files then only the restart of the VoiceGuide service is necessary, not need to restart the Dialogic service.

When the VoiceGuide service is not fully running the incoming calls will not be restarted.

When the Dialogic service is restarted the Dialogic card will be default place the lines 'off-hook'. This can be changed on most cards (using a hardware switch on the card) to have the line just ring without being answered instead.

How do I restart the Voiceguide service?

How do I set the system up so VG starts on boot-up and still be able to start it "on demand"?

Right click on the VoiceGuide IVR Service Monitor applet - in the icon tray in bottom right next to the clock.

Then select Stop/Start etc.

If not running as Administrator then you may not be able to stop and start the VoiceGuide service using the VoiceGuide Service Monitor applet from the icon tray.

To stop/start the VoiceGuide IVR service you will then need to go to Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Services

(on Win7: Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative tools -> Services)

The Services applet also lets you set whether service starts automatically.

It should have been set to start automatically at install time, unless VoiceGuide was installed under a user account that has no Administrator privileges.