VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Refreshing Voiceguide Without Re-booting

If I change the script running in VG I often get a spurious engaged (busy) condition when I try to call.

How do I make script changes and be sure the changes have been applied within VG without having to reboot (which takes about 5 minutes each time?

In VoiceGuide v7 there is no need to restart VoiceGuide or Dialogic etc when just a script change is made.

As soon as the script is saved any new calls arriving on the system will use the new script.

What about the spurious engaged/busy condition?

VG Line Monitor says Waiting for call but if I dial the number it rings enagaged/busy.

At the moment I reset the system - clear the engaged/busy state - by rebooting the PC but this takes at least 5 minutes each time.

There must be a better way to establsh the true condition of the card/system (ie is it really engaged?)and reset it if necessary without rebooting the whole system?

If the VoiceGuide Line Status Monitor app shows that line is available to receive new calls it's because the Dialogic card has sent out advice that line is on-hook and hence new call can be accepted.

Is it possible to reproduce the problem?

Can you post traces which capture last few calls before the system needed to be restarted and the restart and a call after the restart (all in same trace).

Please post the vgEngine and ktTel traces.

Please .ZIP up any traces before posting them.