VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Any Way To Switch Tts Voices On The Fly.....

...when using different TTS vendors? I have been using NeoSpeech Kate exclusively with VG for 2 years now and need to add multiple language support for some new customers. I know that I can pre-record the Spanish voices that I need but will need to have a TTS voice speak some of the details queried from a SQL database.

I know that it has been said that the AT&T Natural Voices has the ability to swtich between their voices but I really need to use the voices that I have now as most customers have said they are not happy with the AT&T voices.

Is there any work around that you can think of to accomplish this?

Only thing I can think of now is running two different machines. One for each language and send the appropriate outdial files to each. Any other suggestions that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Well I decided to do some playing today to come up with alternatives. I went ahead and tried using the standard SAPI XML voicetags and was able to successfully switch between AT&T and NeoSpeech voices. Not sure why I did not try it before but was always under the impression from everything I have read that switching only worked if you used the same vendor and switch between their voices.

What I did was set NeoSpeech Kate as my default voice in the Speech Control Panel applet. For the scripts that need spanish TTS I put in the XML tag <voice required="name=Rosa8"> (AT&T Rosa) in the TTS area of the play module before the text to speak and a </voice> at the end. I tried it out and it works fine and successfully goes back to the default NeoSpeech voice after that play module. I will continue to test it to see if I run into any issues.

Good News! And thanks for letting us know,

we've never done much experimentation in multiple TTS area, and apparently we had a post from a user here somewhere before which suggested that somebody who tried could only get it working when switching between voices of the same vendor (AT&T).

Maybe this functionality was only added in in the latest SAPI release.. ?

Let us know how you go with this!

For others' reference, the list of SAPI XML tags is available here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....TS_Tutorial.asp