VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfering Announced Calls

I've tried the announced transfering but the nice lady on the phone starts talking to soon.

Don't know what could be the problem but most likely she wants to go home as soon as possible.

When the voicemodem tries to transfer the call we get the lady on the phone when she is allmost finished with talking and we don't get the time to answer her with the key 1.

How can we learn the lady to start talking when the call has been made to us to announce the transfer? Possibly the voicemodem doesn't recognize the phone has been picked up, but we also think the lady starts talking when the voice modem just punshed the hook-key.

So my question is:

When should the lady start talking? (technically) Is it because the modem doesn't recognize the dialtone or ringtone?

Thank you very much.

BTW: When do we get a e-mail back to become a (business)reseller in the Netherlands?

BTW2: The last problems of us has been resolved. The issue of dropping the connection and not showing VG pick up the phone, was the RAS in Windows 2000.

The announced transfer message should be replayed a number of times, and the total length of transfer announcement should last about 30 seconds.

Voice modems cannot detect when the outgoing call has been answered, so the transfer announcement starts playing immediately after the destination telephone number has been dialed.

Dialogic cards can detect when a call is answered, so the transfer announce message will start playing at the same time as the person answering the call says "hello...".

Glad to hear you've resolved your other problems, regarding reseller application I've asked our sales dept. to contact you directly.

Thanks for the explaination. I'll try to make the timeout longer and repeat the lady what she says.

now I also have another strange problem regarding ODBC. I've started a new topic on this one.

BTW: Got no e-mail yet from sales :(