VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Some Basic Information

I am trying to understand what how I can use VoiceGuide before looking for some technical help. I installed the demo and have had a look round. I do not understand much about VB but I know what I would like to do. So if you could assist with the following questions it would be much appreciated. Sorry if they are a bit too basic :

1. I would like open a new user account from outside the package. This would be done by sending a text string, such as an email, which contained a variable length account number (such as a phone number) and a four digit password. Is this possible?

2. I would like to also limit the length of recording time set to individual accounts from the same external script. I can see that you can set it from the Voicemail manager but is this possible from an external script?

3. Can the wave files but named in a way that relates them to the account number or otherwise put into individual directories? Where would these message files be stored normally?

4. I do not understand the comments about the software is linked to the serial number on a NIC card. Could you please help me here. My concern is that many motherboards have a NIC built in to the software would be tied to one machine. This is fine if you know which machine you will use but if I have to send the software to an outside party to help with some extra’s then I don’t quite see how since I cannot send the machine with the software. I also don’t understand why I need a NIC card anyway for a stand alone machine.

5. Which program is used for the database and can this be modified from the non vendor side?

Sorry if this is a bit troublesome but your input would be appreciated.

By user account do you mean a voicemail box?

Voicemail accounts can be managed by using the Voicemail Manager or by editing the VmBoxList.xml file directly - after saving any changes to VmBoxList.xml VoiceGuide will detect the changes and load the file - the changes then take effect immediately.

The max record length is set for all voicemail boxes globally. It cannot be done from the script or on a per-mailbox basis.

Recording are saved in VmSave directory. The filename is structured with the voicemail box number as part of the filename.

If you want to be able to move the software to a different machine you will need to put a NIC (Network Card) into one of the PCI slots, and disable the onboard NIC. - the license is then linked to that NIC and it acts as a dongle allowing you to move the license to another machine. a NIC costs around $10.

The whole licensing scheme will soon be changed - only linking registration code to a NIC for multi-line licenses.

You can use any database you like in your application - all of them provide an ODBC interface that VoiceGuide can access.

The Dialer uses a MS Access database to store the list of outbound calls to make.

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. I don't understand all of it but I can get someone to help me so ... problem solved.