VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Detect Dial Tone After Hook Flash

Is it possible to check for dial tone after a hook flash before conferencing the third party on voice modem?

Maybe... may depend on the modem.

Try using a letter T in place where you want the modem to wait for Dial Tone.

So your destination extension is 1234 the string you specify in the transfer module would be something like this:

T1234

or if you are using a Play module to do the transfer:

!,T1234

NB.

If using Dialogic Analog cards (Springware cards) the letters would be: L or I or X

L : Local dial tone

I : International dial tone

X : Special dial tone

Apparently on Dialogic DMV cards these dial tone detection labels cannot be used...

Maybe... may depend on the modem.

Try using a letter T in place where you want the modem to wait for Dial Tone.

So your destination extension is 1234 the string you specify in the transfer module would be something like this:

T1234

or if you are using a Play module to do the transfer:

!,T1234

NB.

If using Dialogic Analog cards (Springware cards) the letters would be: L or I or X

L : Local dial tone

I : International dial tone

X : Special dial tone

Apparently on Dialogic DMV cards these dial tone detection labels cannot be used...

I want to check to see if the hookflash was successful before playing the numbers for the caller to be transferred to.

Note that if the hookflash is too long the PBX will hangup and you will then get a dial tone as well, so adding a 'Wait for Dial Tone' dial modifier will not necessarily confirm that the hookflash worked...

Note that if the hookflash is too long the PBX will hangup and you will then get a dial tone as well, so adding a 'Wait for Dial Tone' dial modifier will not necessarily confirm that the hookflash worked...

That is correct. but how do i evaluate if I do have Dial tone after HookFlash?

Do i just have "=T" in expression to evaluate dialog box? will that work?

The "T" is part of the dialed numbers specified in the Transfer Call (or Play) module.

eg. if your destination extension is 1234 the string you specify in the transfer module would be something like this:

T1234

or if you are using a Play module to do the transfer, the 'Played' string would be:

!,T1234